Dell Streak 7 Announced

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
This is a repost of our front page news article:

dell-streak-7.jpg

T-Mobile has teamed up with Dell to announce the Dell Streak 7 touting it as it's first 4G Tablet. You can debate all day whether the HSPA+ protocol/network classifies as 4G but it's still an exciting announcement. Our personal take is that you can't have too many tablets released... competition breeds excellence and great prices and that's good for the consumer.

The Dell Streak 7 features Android 2.2 (FroYo), Dual Core Tegra-2 Processors, 7" WVGA Display (Gorilla Glass) and HSPA+ 4G capability.

While the hardware is decent and the manufacturer certainly has a reputation for good hardware (though, not necessarily in the Android world) - we are left a little bit frustrated that the tablet won't feature Honeycomb (Android 3.0) at release time. With all the tablets coming out it's going to be hard to differentiate yourself from the pack if you are offering an OS that's a major version behind.

You can discuss the Dell Streak 7 in our Dell Tablets section of Android Tablets .net

(Source: BGR)

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
As a former Dell employee I can tell you that they are always playing catch up. I cannot see the Steak series as being a viable alternative to anything that Samsung,LG,Motorola or even Apple can produce..

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Oh man the hardware is nicer than my Haipad, but the rest still falls kinda flat.
-and the resolution is the SAME? I'm sure it's a better panel and all but STILL. Wow.

Half-hearted is what this looks like, but maybe Dell is counting on the vast majority of people to not have a clue about the generic alternatives.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Android Central posted their review, entitled "10 Things NOT to do When Building a Tablet"

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Yea this got killed in 2 major write up reviews from engadget and gizmodo. Said battery life sucks and screen sucks. Screen was not responsive to pressing but it did pan and move great. I'm kinda pissed. I was gonna pick one up but with 6 hrs of battery at their best on wifi only, that's terrible, I'll pass.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Unboxing video:

Looks fine to me

Last edited by a moderator: