Dell Streak 7" batterty lifetime

nbaptista

Nov 30, 2011
Hello all
I ´m buying a Dell Streak 7", I did already the online order, just waiting for the tablet, but I´ve been reading a few reviews about the Dell and many say that lifetime battery is too short, only 4 hours with the Wi Fi on! So this a specific Dell Streak problem or is a problem of all 7" tablets?You guys that own the Streak, what you think about the Dell lifetime battery?Is it OK?Is it a case that reviewers are expecting too much for a little 7" tablet?

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You are going to find that battery time is impacted by many different factors, wifi connectivity being just one.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
After you put a custom rom on it, battery life is significatly improved. I have about 6-8 hours of life on wifi, 8-10 hours of gaming time and 4 days of standby.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also lowering the screen brightness as much as you can stand will help.

Edric

Oct 7, 2010
Its true that its battery time is 4 hours with wifi but its features are excellent.You won't have a connectivity or compatibility problem.

DellS7User

Jan 6, 2012
I`ve looked at a few forums and tips regarding battery life for the S7.

Your best bet is to put the Tablet into Airplane mode when not using the WiFi and also lowering the screen brightness.

As other users have also pointed out, putting a custom ROM onto your tablet will help with battery life too, amongst other things.

Last edited: