Demo Screen Question

john gilbert

Oct 15, 2014
I'm not very well versed with tablets/smart phones unfortunately, so I'm hoping one of you will take the time to answer what I'm sure is a very simple question!

I just picked up a Samsund Galaxy Tab 4 (8 inch screen). Love it so far. However, it never seems to want to go into 'sleep' mode. For instance, I changed the 'timeout' setting to 15 seconds, the screen blacks out after 15 seconds and then opens again and goes into Samung's presentation of the tab and all it's basic functions....the size of it, weight, dimensions of the bezel, etc. This uses battery life and it doesn't seem to want to shut down. I tried using an alarm app to wake me today and the tablet was dead this morning due to it's being on all night! How can I get rid of this silly presentation and just have it go into sleep mode so the battery is conserved?

Thanks for your time!

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Moved your thread for responses, but I believe you may find the solution in a recent thread or two on the "active topics" link page.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Check the display settings, John.
One of my tablets has a setting to play demo in sleep mode. Make sure it's unchecked.