Development Updates

rwaterspf1

Jan 1, 2013
The built kernel didn't boot. Wasn't really surprised so i guess I need to wait for the Lenovo JB source. I did figure out how to unpack, change, repack the ramdisk tho so I set ro.secure=0 in default.prop and put in the adbd from CM. Also a way to test the kernel/ramdisk before flashing it.

fastboot boot zImage initrd.img the system will make and boot the new image without flashing it

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The built kernel didn't boot. Wasn't really surprised so i guess I need to wait for the Lenovo JB source. I did figure out how to unpack, change, repack the ramdisk tho so I set ro.secure=0 in default.prop and put in the adbd from CM. Also a way to test the kernel/ramdisk before flashing it.

fastboot boot zImage initrd.img the system will make and boot the new image without flashing it

I just got a chance today to built the kernel, I am running it now on my JB, it was slow at first then kernel settled in with the hardware and seems to be running well I have only been running it a few minutes now, so can't really say how well it works.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I just got a chance today to built the kernel, I am running it now on my JB, it was slow at first then kernel settled in with the hardware and seems to be running well I have only been running it a few minutes now, so can't really say how well it works.

I was hoping someone with a little know how would pick up kernel development.
What did you add if you don't mind me asking? I would love to have an oc kernel with a few governors to choose from.
I wish I knew more to contribute but I'm no Dev.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
What did you add if you don't mind me asking? I would love to have an oc kernel with a few governors to choose from.

Adding governors is very simple if you have the source. Overclocking is a different matter...

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Adding governors is very simple if you have the source. Overclocking is a different matter...

I don't know much about developing but I'm going to setup ubuntu on my newer laptop and see what I can do with the kernel. There are a lot of guides on how to build a kernel. Hopefully I can come up with something.
I have a question. I'm used to phones so when I get stuck in a bootloop I just pull the battery. What do you do if that happens on this tablet?
TIA

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I don't know much about developing but I'm going to setup ubuntu on my newer laptop and see what I can do with the kernel. There are a lot of guides on how to build a kernel. Hopefully I can come up with something.
I have a question. I'm used to phones so when I get stuck in a bootloop I just pull the battery. What do you do if that happens on this tablet?
TIA

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Just hold the power button down.

PS Get used to using git, and look at Nexus 7 source for ideas.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
If you want to get started right away, I can give you some Nexus 7 source that you can copy the governors from. Getting them configured in the A2109 source will let you get started without messing with git. Or you can spend a little time figuring out how to manage repos, with their different branches. Let me know if you want to get started right away.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

Sorry really busy around home, big wrestling tournament this week.

The kernel isn't OCed, it does have deadline, cfq, lagfree, smartassV2 that's it.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
If you want to get started right away, I can give you some Nexus 7 source that you can copy the governors from. Getting them configured in the A2109 source will let you get started without messing with git. Or you can spend a little time figuring out how to manage repos, with their different branches. Let me know if you want to get started right away.

Thanks but I'm trying to learn a little more before I start messing with kernels. I'm mostly a themer so I never messed with any code that wasn't copy and paste LOL.

Sorry really busy around home, big wrestling tournament this week.

The kernel isn't OCed, it does have deadline, cfq, lagfree, smartassV2 that's it.

Thats cool.
How is smartassV2 working? Thats the governor I would like to have.

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using Tapatalk 2

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I can change the governors now through kernel tuner to interactive, power save, ondemand, conservative, user space and performance, just my past experience with kernels, I will not flash another kernel other than stock, until it is 100 % required, oc or ov your CPU is not need and could cause premature death of tablet, seen it happen, just my thoughts. My evo can max out at 1800 MHz but I leave it at 1154 MHz, I found no improved gain in performance, sure antutu scores increased but so did my reboots, hot boots and freezing of my phone.

(Don't ask me for help, as I don't care if your phone or tablet explodes, eh:) :) :) :) :) )