Disable Mobile View In Internet Browser

MikeQuell

Oct 22, 2011
Hey guys,

Do any of you know how to disable mobile views for websites within the browser? I know some pages let you do it within their site but I would like a more global approach. I've come across a few websites that don't offer any viewing options.

Thanks,

Mike

** UPDATED: 11/21/2011 **

It looks like the "about:debug" command works in the URL address bar. I was having issues because the tablet continued to search on Google for the term "about:debug" instead of actually accessing the page. For some reason when I pushed the small right facing triangle (the button next to the URL address bar that look like a "play" button) button the "about:debug" page was accessed properly. The page should be blank from here.

Here are the steps in detail:

1. Open the Android Honeycomb browser on your tablet.
2. In the address bar, type: about:debug and press enter.
3. Now open the browser's settings by tapping the icon in the very top-right corner of your screen (it looks like four horizontal lines) and selecting "Settings" from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. On the left side of the screen, tap the section labeled "Debug."
5. On the right side of the screen, tap the item labeled "UAString," then select "Desktop."
6. Press the back button (in the very bottom-left corner of your screen) to exit the browser's settings.
7. In the browser's address bar, type: about:debug once more; this will disable debugging mode and return the browser to its normal state.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Browser->Settings->Advanced->User Agent String, set it to desktop

joostvv2

Nov 15, 2011
In dolphin browser hd they ask it in setup app

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

DatsHim

Nov 3, 2011
Most sites have a redirect at the bottom of the page. Once selected I always go back to the main site instead of the mobile

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

sonytab2112

Nov 20, 2011
It would be nice to change these settings without having to use another browser. The dolphin browser only allows portrait orientation. Or else I would probably use it.

troycava

Nov 8, 2011
to get access to those setting options you must type in the address bar;
about:debug
and press returrn on the keyboard, nothing will happen but those options are then available ;)

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
can someone confirm JBHifi works for them in full webpage ? It automatically goes to the mobile site in both Sony browser and dolphin hd with both browsers set to "desktop" mode

MikeQuell

Oct 22, 2011
It looks like the "about:debug" command works in the URL address bar. I was having issues because the tablet continued to search on Google for the term "about:debug" instead of actually accessing the page. For some reason when I pushed the small right facing triangle (the button next to the URL address bar that look like a "play" button) button the "about:debug" page was accessed properly. The page should be blank from here.

Here are the steps in detail:

1. Open the Android Honeycomb browser on your tablet.
2. In the address bar, type: about:debug and press enter.
3. Now open the browser's settings by tapping the icon in the very top-right corner of your screen (it looks like four horizontal lines) and selecting "Settings" from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. On the left side of the screen, tap the section labeled "Debug."
5. On the right side of the screen, tap the item labeled "UAString," then select "Desktop."
6. Press the back button (in the very bottom-left corner of your screen) to exit the browser's settings.
7. In the browser's address bar, type: about:debug once more; this will disable debugging mode and return the browser to its normal state.

Johnspain

Nov 24, 2011
I found that the debug works OK but it does not hold the setting, you have to repeat the procedure each time the tablet is re booted.

sonytab2112

Nov 20, 2011
I found that the debug works OK but it does not hold the setting, you have to repeat the procedure each time the tablet is re booted.

what I have done is set about:debug as my home page so when I first start my browser that comes up atomatically. I hit the enter button right away and than im good to start browsing. its alot quicker than having to type it everytime. and the setting for desktop browsing stays selected so I dont actually have to go into the debug menu each time.