Disgo 6000

steverob

Nov 21, 2010
Hi all,

I've very recently purchased a Disgo 6000 tablet which runs Android 2.1.

For the money it's a great little device and I'm very happy with it.

Only major gripe is the difficulty in finding apps that are only available from the official Android Market. Has anyone been either:-

a) successful in installing the official market on this device

or

b) found another good source for these apps that I can sideload?

Thanks.

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Hey Steverob,

try googlin' for apk files suitable for the Disgo 6000, sometimes there are special markets for devices that give software/games especially for a device. Also try to understand your device's specs like resolution, g-sensor, cam, everything that could be needed to run an app must be there. Hope this helps you a bit.

cheers

asnorth

Dec 16, 2010
Hi
I just purchased a Disgo 6000 tablet for my son as the official Disgo website claims that the included skyfire browser is flash compatible. I assumed that youtube, BBC iPlayer and miniclip flash games etc would all work, however it now appears I was wrong (would be interesting to know what they define as compatible?). I found a link to download flash for android 2.1 but that doesn't seem to do anything, is there anyway I can get flash games and videos to work on this device? A youtube app is included but the picture quality is a joke, totally unwatchable!
Thanks
Tony

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Skyfire is not Flash compatible. That would be a blatant lie.

I think it is Infotmic X210.

If you paid the full 180 quid, it is a sure ripoff.

Get yourself the Advent Vega or Archos 70/101 instead.

asnorth

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks xaueious for your recommendations. No I didn't pay 180 it was 129 pound at hmv online. This is the feature list where it says "Skyfire browser with flash compatibility" mydisgo - my music, my video, my documents . So will it be impossible to get flash 10.1 to work with this device? I've read that some people have it working on android 2.1 mobile phones so was hoping I can get it going rather than having to return it and purchase an alternative.
Thanks

Last edited:

Stiggle

Dec 16, 2010
At the moment I copy the apps from my rooted phone (Samsung Galaxy i7500 running GAOSP 2.2) over to my web server and then load them onto the Disgo from there through the browser.

As has been said - you need to make sure the apps requirements are met by the hardware.

Stuff that I know works:

Connectbot
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Seasons

At this point the wife found out I'd installed Angry Birds on it, and I've not got it back.

Stiggle

Dec 16, 2010
Quick rummage through the filesystem says:

/proc/meminfo
RAM: 188952Kb (185Mb)

/proc/cpuinfo
Processor: ARMv6-compatible process rev5 (v6l)
BogoMIPS: 789.70

ASI confirmed above and additionally says:
API Level: 7
Device: p7901a

I didn't rummage that much to be honest.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
That's good enough for me. It pretty much confirms the Infotmic CPU actually (188MB RAM, ARM11 @ 800MHz)

Hacks for it applying to the ZT180, Sylvania or Flytouch II.

Flash Lite is available, but it isn't very good and I would not recommend using it.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The price isn't too bad. If this thing is stable, it is the low cost goto alternative in Europe. It is up to you guys to find out.

Thanks for sharing what you know with us.

Stiggle

Dec 16, 2010
There is an update available (use the system update app).
Adds useful things like a shutdown icon, adds a better filesystem browser.

Now I've got it off the wife and ConnectBot loaded up on it - I'm going to be having a serious poke about with it (once I've had a sleep).

Plays TS (transmission stream) files recorded straight from the satellite box - which is rather nice.
Resistive screen which isn't so nice.

Anything else you want to know about its specs/stats let me know and I'll start dumping the info.

wertigos

Sep 3, 2010
Plays TS (transmission stream) files recorded straight from the satellite box - which is rather nice.
Anything else you want to know about its specs/stats let me know and I'll start dumping the info.

transport stream (sorry)

what player used to view *.ts files?

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
There is an update available (use the system update app).
Adds useful things like a shutdown icon, adds a better filesystem browser.

Now I've got it off the wife and ConnectBot loaded up on it - I'm going to be having a serious poke about with it (once I've had a sleep).

Resistive screen which isn't so nice.

Hi Stiggle

I have got disgo android 2.1 also. How did you access the System update app? I cannot find it in mine. Wish it's upgradeable to 2.2 .

Shayind