Disgo 6000

criada

Dec 25, 2010
I got one of these for Christmas and can't get it to connect to the internet. It detedts the modem, and accepts the password, but won't connect. Anyone else had this problem?

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
Hi all,

I've very recently purchased a Disgo 6000 tablet which runs Android 2.1.

For the money it's a great little device and I'm very happy with it.

Only major gripe is the difficulty in finding apps that are only available from the official Android Market. Has anyone been either:-

a) successful in installing the official market on this device

or

b) found another good source for these apps that I can sideload?

Thanks.

looking at this tablet it looks like it and the sylvania are the same tablet with different badging. Someone else posted in my Market Thread that they used my walkthru to get the google market working on theirs. here's the link incase you want to try

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/4229-how-get-working-google-market.html

Stiggle

Dec 16, 2010
It does seem to mess up WiFi scanning occasionally.
TS files - I renamed them from .ts to.mpeg and then played through the Gallery.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I wasn't aware it was just a rebrand before, but the Sylvania branded tablets seemed to have more issues out of the box, maybe because of old shipping firmware with the first batches.

Edit:
I think the two firmwares have different OTA servers. Since Disgo is branded Infotmic out of the box, it is probably the OEM variant. If there is a build date, we can figure out which tablet has the newer firmware.

The Sylvania had some issues initially. Maybe they received the first batch from the OEM.

Someone who is rooted also can bravely try to modify the firmware. We need dumps since this thing doens't seem to have recovery.

Does suspend mode on the 6000 work?

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
i've dumped my sylvania if that does anyone over here any good. let me know and i can put them up somewhere. i was trying to figure out clockwork recovery and see if it was possible for the tablet that's where the dumps come from.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I wasn't aware it was just a rebrand before, but the Sylvania branded tablets seemed to have more issues out of the box, maybe because of old shipping firmware with the first batches.

Edit:
I think the two firmwares have different OTA servers. Since Disgo is branded Infotmic out of the box, it is probably the OEM variant. If there is a build date, we can figure out which tablet has the newer firmware.

The Sylvania had some issues initially. Maybe they received the first batch from the OEM.

Someone who is rooted also can bravely try to modify the firmware. We need dumps since this thing doens't seem to have recovery.

Does suspend mode on the 6000 work?

I've got aLogcat, Logcat Application developed for Android by Jeffrey Blattman, running while trying to pull a system update but don't know how to read the logs to determine the OTA server location for Sylvania

i've dumped my sylvania if that does anyone over here any good. let me know and i can put them up somewhere. i was trying to figure out clockwork recovery and see if it was possible for the tablet that's where the dumps come from.

Can you list your steps to dump or post what you have?

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
You will need root to dump i do believe i don't know for sure

i used in terminal on the tablet ( it could be done in adb shell as well)

Code:
su
cat proc/mtd

it should return something like this

Code:
dev:    size   erasesize  name
 mtd0: 00200000 00080000 "ramdisk"
 mtd1: 00600000 00080000 "kernel"
 mtd2: 08000000 00080000 "resv"
 mtd3: 0c000000 00080000 "system"
 mtd4: 3d800000 00080000 "userdata"
 mtd5: 04000000 00080000 "cache"
 mtd6: 1ff00000 00080000 "Local-disk"
 mtd7: 00100000 00080000 "panic"

Then to dump those to an img file i used dd

EX.

Code:
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd7 of=/sdcard/panic-dump.img bs=4096

Change the mtd7 to what ever you're trying to get a dump of. This dumps to the SD card in the form of an img file.

Hopefully this will put minds brighter than my own on the right track to getting some necessary things working on our tablets.

a working recovery would be awesome.

thommo1969

Jan 4, 2011
Hi there 1st time poster here, and i am struggling with this Disgo 6000. Ok i've accepted that unless i want to play about with part copies of flash i won't get any streaming. But how on earth do i get the things i want (video, music) from my pc to my tablet? I thought by taking out the SD card and trying to format it on my vista based comp i could then transfer files on to it. I've also tried via USB to connect the tablet and pc together and still nothing. I'm at my wits end and tearing what little hair i have left, out! can someone please let me know what i'm doing wrong?

LSWONE

Dec 30, 2010
Hi there 1st time poster here, and i am struggling with this Disgo 6000. Ok i've accepted that unless i want to play about with part copies of flash i won't get any streaming. But how on earth do i get the things i want (video, music) from my pc to my tablet? I thought by taking out the SD card and trying to format it on my vista based comp i could then transfer files on to it. I've also tried via USB to connect the tablet and pc together and still nothing. I'm at my wits end and tearing what little hair i have left, out! can someone please let me know what i'm doing wrong?

Hi, I'm not sure how different this is from my Sylvania tablet but have you done the over the air update?

I have the update installed on mine. When I plug the USB cable from my laptop (Win7) to the USB connector closer to the audio Jack, I get a notification on the upper left hand side of the screen with the USB logo. I click on the menu button on the upper right and I click on Notifications on the menu that shows up on the bottom of the screen.

Click on the USB notification on the new window to allow your PC to see the USB device.

Now you should be able to drag and drop items from the PC to the tablet.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

LSWONE.

criada

Dec 25, 2010
When I go onto the apps screen (scrolling to the right of the homepage) and try to access the menu, I get the message:
Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
and a force quit option.
I have tried again.. and again.. and again.
Does anyone else have this issue, or do I just have a faulty tablet?

ANDY.T

Sep 1, 2011
Hi,

I now have a disgo6000 from Play.com..£60.. cant grumble at that..

Biggest dissapintment is that is does NOT have android market although the box as the Android green robot logo on...

on the about device tab on the unit it shows the Android version as 2.2 V1.9#3763.. so I assume it's running Android 2.2 !

But having emailed Andriod their reply is that this device is NOT supported and does not therefore have Android Market loaded...

I've looked all over the web and cant find the program as available to retro install.. ;(

I've also tried to link a usb hard drive to the unit but nothing happens..the drive light on the usb HD lights up and I can hear the drive spinning but cant "SEE" it on the disgo6000....

Battery life is short.. about an hour doing anything...

The screen needs callibrating ....

You need a BIG micro SD card although the 10-15 applications I've loaded so far have all found their way on to the internal memory... (Why dont they just put a 32Gb micro Sd card in to begin with,, economics of scale would mean it's dirt cheap for them...)

For £60 I cant grumble but having said that my old Archos 5 is far far better at everything, especially film, recording etc... my newish Archos 405 2Gb is very good and only cost £50 new from Ireland...

I now think that 7" tablets is a compromise..anything bigger and you might as well have a proper netbook or tablet laptop PC or use a desktop and have a properly supported, well made and far better Galaxy sII as a phone....

But I've learnt a lesson.. if you want a proper tablet that will do everything properly you have got to pay for it... Get an i-pad/streak/Tab or tablet PC... the disgo6000's are just frustratingly toyish...

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Bumping an old thread since we have a few more Disgo 6000 users joining the forum.

A 2.2 update file has NEVER been identified for this tablet and some users are reporting the "factory reset (three finger method)" does NOT work as no recovery image is found.

Can the users with working Disgo 6000's that were purchased with 2.2 installed please review post #23 above and assuming that the "resv" partition is mtd2 run the following command and then investigate the resulting image to see if it contains any data?

Code:
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/resv.img bs=4096

On other devices not only have we identified complete InfoTMIC Update Wrap (IUW) update files saved in this partition and on others there has been the backup system image (zSYS.img) either of which would be useful to user who need to restore their tablet.

Thanks for assisting a few fellow Disgo 6000 owners.

PS Just to nag, where's the official update? @my_disgo

Last edited: