Downloading books onto Coby Kyros 7015

tracefo

Dec 9, 2010
Does anyone know how to download books onto the Coby Kyros 7015? Tech support doesn't know!

tracefo

Dec 9, 2010
get an ebook reader app and download through there
The only ereader app is the adilko and as far as I can tell you can't download anything but their books, no best sellers, no children's books, etc. Can't even figure out how to transfer from my laptop, even though the guide says you can read epub files throught the ereader.

sh8827

Dec 27, 2010
To transfer epub, first mount your USB Storage ( Internal ), from your PC go the removable disk, you should see the ebooks folder, create a sub folder and name it import. Copy your epub file to the import folder. Next turn off USB storage(Internal). Launch Aldiko, click on Menu which should popup a menu with option such as import. Click on import. It will start to scan your sdcard for any epub files. When the import is finished, click on Bookshelf to refresh. For some reason it just doesn't see any epub files from the USB Storage ( External ) ie from the MicroSDCard. Let me know if this help.

poswiatt

Dec 31, 2010
sh8827 - your instructions were good and i was able to find the book on the bookshelf, but when i tried to open it Aldiko did a force close. any suggestions???

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I'm using OverDrive
OverDrive - Global distributor of digital eBooks, audiobooks, music & video for library, school & retail
to download books from the library
Wisconsin Public Library Consortium
I have a library card from a member library system and can "check out" up to six books. I have two out now.
OverDrive requires an Adobe user account - easy to set up. Give it your zip code and it will look for libraries in your area.
When your library book (epub) expires OverDrive suggests you delete it so [OK].

I'm also using Aldiko to download free books - of which I've found very little of interest. From Gutenburg
Project Gutenberg - free ebooks online download for iPad, Kindle, Nook, Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, Sony Reader
These are old books. You download the entire book then copy it to /nand/eBooks/import even though Aldiko says to put it in /sdcard/eBooks/import then the Aldiko "import" option will load it for you. I have a 1860's book in French, Antionette de Mirecourt by Madame Leprohon a Canadian I think, at least the book takes place in Canada.
(p.s. Thanks for starting a thread with a clear title that says what it's about, not everyone does)

Last edited:

reber3522

Dec 26, 2010
I downloaded the nook app after rooting, it has a lot more books and much easier to use

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

Anna Marie

Jan 11, 2011
Please please help me and my friend have been trying to get books onto my kyros since chirstmas. there is no nook app in the market place. I did the steps and there was no epub file. Please help all I want is my books on this thing they make it so hard.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Root it and install the real Android Market. Then you can install the Kindle and Nook apps. Do a search-there are very well done step by step instructions here. I recommend the newbie friendly version. Trust me, it's not hard and definitely worth it.

topaz47

Feb 27, 2011
I removed my Sdcard but there is no folder for ebooks. I have rooted and have all the google apps. Like everyone else, I would like to download ebooks. Can you give us a newbie friendly step by step????

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
topaz47,
"download ebooks" is way to vague.
Are you trying to buy kindle books? nook books?
Checkout library books? Use Overdrive? Read pdf books?
Free books for aldiko?
Just any book so you can see how any ebook app works?

code347

Feb 4, 2011
I saw a reply here that refrenced /nand/

Your e-book programs will be there in that folder. Now all you have to do is explore those e-book folders to see where the e-books are actually stored. Place your e-book download in there and abracadabra...you book will show up in the program.