Dual Booting Discussion

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Need some help guys.
I have already installed and used at Emmc Phiremod v6.
I would like to install also a second rom for my gf.
What is the best way to do it?Put it at the 8gb I already use for apps, or at the emmc?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
How often is she going to be actually using it? If its just every now and then, then just go for a SD card ROM

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
How often is she going to be actually using it? If its just every now and then, then just go for a SD card ROM
I have thought of this, but she really likes to play games there more and more.
So I need a solution for easy change of users.The thing is that she wants for example to play Angry Birds, but keep her own progress.
If there was some option like log out and log in as different user, this would be the best.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have thought of this, but she really likes to play games there more and more.
So I need a solution for easy change of users.The thing is that she wants for example to play Angry Birds, but keep her own progress.
If there was some option like log out and log in as different user, this would be the best.

You are looking at rebooting everytime you want to change over whether it is from SD card or internal which isn't the fastest or most convenient. The best solution is to get her a nook of her own :)

Does she need a different ROM than you for some reason? If not you can set up a second home launcher which is sort of a shortcut method to multiple users. Apps available and email accounts will be the same regardless of which home launcher you select but the widgets, shortcuts and launcher bar can all be setup different. So she could essentially switch homes and have a desktop filled with all her games.

JP

Vansmak

Jun 19, 2011
So i got an NC. Being no stranger to hacking my stuff I dove right in. Read everything unlike some noobs. Decided on the cm7 stable dual boot, leaving the stock nc. Well after playing around I can see no viable reason other then warranty (which some may think is a pretty darn viable reason) to not root and run cm7 from the device. Am I missing something?

I can read books via android. My mp4's only seem to work with rock player, none do on the stock nc work. Storage is funky, I have to swap out my boot card, etc. Seems that although I cant do all the android functions and apps on the nc with cm7, I can do anything the nc stock can do via cm7

So unless something goes terribly wrong that I cant recover thus blowing warranty, why do I need b&n stock nc interface?

Thank you.

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
So i got an NC. Being no stranger to hacking my stuff I dove right in. Read everything unlike some noobs. Decided on the cm7 stable dual boot, leaving the stock nc. Well after playing around I can see no viable reason other then warranty (which some may think is a pretty darn viable reason) to not root and run cm7 from the device. Am I missing something?

I can read books via android. My mp4's only seem to work with rock player, none do on the stock nc work. Storage is funky, I have to swap out my boot card, etc. Seems that although I cant do all the android functions and apps on the nc with cm7, I can do anything the nc stock can do via cm7

So unless something goes terribly wrong that I cant recover thus blowing warranty, why do I need b&n stock nc interface?

Thank you.

you don't... ;) unless you still need the read to me feature for children's books or aren't fully confident of running a custom rom, flashing updates,and restoring to stock yet.