eLocity A7 Available This Week, Pre-Orders Shipping Already

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
vELZ4.jpg

The 7 inch Tegra 2 beast that is the eLocity A7 is now shipping for Amazon.com pre-orders. For $369 (BJ's for only $299), it is not a terrible choice for an Android tablet just from looking at the specifications.

This will have the standard 800x480 screen, so it should not run as to as many problems as its 10 inch cousins. We will need to see some hands-on action to see if this is the tablet everyone wants, because if it turns out like other Tegra 2 tablets at stock configurations, most people who are getting this are in for quite a ride.

Press release from AndroidPolice exerpted:
eLocity A7 Mobile Tablet Begins Shipping Today
A7 will ship to pre-order customers and launch for direct online purchase this week
PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 13, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — The eLocity A7 seven-inch Tegra 2 mobile tablet running Android 2.2 Froyo begins shipping to pre-order customers today and will be available for purchase through various retailers this week, Stream TV Networks announced. The eLocity A7 will be available for purchase beginning this week at Sears, Newegg.com, Walmart.com, BJ's Wholesale Club, TigerDirect.com, http://Amazon.com and Micro Center.
CEO Mathu Rajan of Stream TV comments, "We’re confident that the A7 will provide a great mobile computing user experience. We worked very hard on the UI and software in recent months to ensure that we were integrating the newest and best solutions, but also met the added challenge of doubling original production targets due to high demand. We know that our customers have been eagerly anticipating this release and we look forward to receiving their feedback."
The A7 optimizes portability, connectivity, and computing power like never before in one sleek device. The first mobile tablet available in the U.S. running Android 2.2 Froyo, the eLocity A7 offers a wide range of mobile apps, supports Adobe Flash and is enabled for 3D gaming with the NVIDIA Tegra T-250 dual core processor. Sporting a high resolution seven-inch capacitive and multi-touch screen, 4GB of high speed internal flash memory, the eLocity A7 is a multipurpose device that provides a full entertainment solution along with business productivity and wireless connectivity. The tablet is equipped with a micro SD slot supporting up to 32GB of added storage, a USB port supporting up to 64GB of added storage and a 1080p HDMI output. With streamlined dimensions of 8.2 inches by 4.8 inches and weighing just over a pound, the new eLocity A7 tablet is more portable than the iPad and sports a striking design expected to appeal to a wide demographic of users.

Source
AndroidPolice

Soopa83

Oct 21, 2010
oh man! i got the archos 70 because i thought the a7 was *never* coming out. if the reviews are good, i'll slap the archos on ebay and grab one.

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
Well I already have the Samsung Tablet. I too gave up on the Elocity. I don't have faith in it anymore, support wise. I'm much satisfied with my Galaxy Tab.

rdjack21

Dec 14, 2010
Amazon has this listed as shipping in 2-3 Days so I could not resist any longer and ordered one. My order shows that I should receive it on the 21st.

androidrunner

Dec 11, 2010
Hey fellow Techies,
Order from BJ's,

eLocity 7" Android Internet Tablet with NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core CPU, 512MB DDR2 - Black - BJ's Wholesale Club

The price tag is a very reasonable $300 ($320 after 2-day shipping). They are waving their non-member surcharge (5%) and this is way cheaper than amazon or the pre-order price. Ultimately after searching for a couple weeks, I came down between this, the Herotab MID 816, and the Notion Ink Adam. I chose this as an in-between. Great price, specs, without the chinese branding or the sketchy pre-order background. The only griping I have heard is from it's 800x600 res which is comparable to the Herotab, but lags behind the great Galaxy Tab or do I say it...the ipad. Honestly, I plan to run it through the test, but I don't see myself disappointed in the res give its capacitive touch capabilities. Also, if you do some digging, some important info for the A7...

1. eLocity hopes to have the tablet upgradable to Gingerbread.
2. The tablet does not ship with the Google Market, however, we have all seen that this can be changed with some modification
3. For those that Naysay at the 1.3 MP camera on the front, this is the same as that on the Galaxy Tab.

Best wishes to all over the Holidays!
AndroidRunner

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I had just ordered it about 20 minutes ago off the BJ hidden link. Price is good until 12/17/10 until supplies last comes with 2-day shipping at a premium price.
slide-note, I am shipping back the Archos and Pandigital 9" both of these cost more than this one even after the shipping an taxes. Just need more peformance and better TS with CTS instead of RTS.
BJ policy if your not happy you and return it. I hope I won't! :)

121648111_400x400.jpg

ta7_-_1000px_-_input_detail_sm.jpg

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It cannot be Google certified because of Google's current rules.

Wifi G scares me. Everything else looks great.

tipstir I told you the Pandigital would have been way too much money. This actually beats the Archos in terms of raw specs as well.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
It cannot be Google certified because of Google's current rules.

Wifi G scares me. Everything else looks great.

tipstir I told you the Pandigital would have been way too much money. This actually beats the Archos in terms of raw specs as well.

Why does WiFi G scares you? Pandigital does 802.11n the rest do 802.11g. I only paid $43 bucks for it so far for Pandigital. I have until January 31st 2011 to return the PDT-9" Black. I am gathering the box for shipping it back. It's okay but the 2GB NAND has 84% used for the B&N which I don't use and since I don't known if I was going to keep it I didn't want to delete off the card. Like with Archos you do a full wipe and the third-party software is gone. Doesn't matter. Archos has way to many issues with TS, WiFi, battery not lasting as long. OC it just a temp bases. It was something for me to test out. Pandigital (might keep it?) But the Archos goes back to Amazon!

How I Pimp my Pandigital 9" into BoomBox shown in the picture below.
65845_477548267948_579882948_5918239_1254618_n.jpg

Last edited: