Email setup is problematic due to my use of a Spam service

RobH2

Aug 24, 2013
Seems like I have a unique problem as I can't find anyone else talking about it on the forums or the web. I have a new Nextbook 8 (Icecream Sandwich) and am setting email up. I have 3 email address, all through Comcast. However, to cut down on Spam I've used a service called Spamarrest for a number of years. I need to tell you how that works first so you can understand my problem.

At Spamarrest I put in the email account info for my 3 email addresses. Spamarrest grabs all the emails from Comcast, pulls them in, filters out the spam and then dumps all the emails into one Spamarrest folder. Then, Outlook downloads that one folder and I have all of my emails, minus spam and all is good.

The Incomming server address to retrieve email from Spamarrest is just one address for all email accounts. So, in Outlook using Group settings, I only have one of my email accounts that retrieves mail because it gets it all and the individual email address and headers are intact. My other two email address in Outlook are set to "Send Only" so that I can reply for whichever one I need to.

Problem: When I set up my emial on the Nextbook I put in my Incomming and Outgoing data for my first email address and all is well. But, when I go to input the 2nd email address I get an error message saying "you are already using this username for account xxxxxx." That does make sense but now I can't have all three email addresses unless I bypass Spamarrest and use the Comcast Incomming servers. That defeats the purpose because now I'll be getting the spam and the email I get on my tablet will be different from the email I get in Outlook.

Outlook doesn't mind if two email addresses have the same username, password and incomming server. It knows that it's a different email address. Nextbook does not.

How can I get all of my email addresses on Nextbook and still use my spam filtering service?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
If I understand the problem I don't think I know of an E-Mail app that would allow that. Doesn't sound like having another app for the other mail would help either as it would bypass it too.

RobH2

Aug 24, 2013
Yea, Outlook seems to be tolerant of the same username with mulitple accounts with different physical email addresses. Android is not. Thanks for the feedback.