emails are disappering

Tex1507

May 11, 2012
Hi All,

I have set up my wifes mid allwinner tablet to sync with her sky email account which it was doing ok,
however what we have found is that when she gets a message a notification appears in the task bar
but when you go into the email account the emails have vanished.

Is there some obscue setting that i could have missed which lets android 4 delete the emails or does
it store them in an other folder instead of the in box

Cheers

Stu

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I am guessing this is a POP3 account. Are other devices checking this account (phones, computers, etc.)? One of them may be deleting it before it can download to the tablet.

Also, I know some folks have had luck removing their email account from their device and adding it back.

If you are using multiple devices, see if your email provider offers IMAP support. This allows your device to sync with the server rather than download individual emails. IMAP is much preferred because if you delete it on one device, it deletes on all. If you file it in a folder on one device, it is in that folder on all devices.

Tex1507

May 11, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, sorry forgot to mention yep it is a pop3 account.
her account is on the main family computer and her mid allwinner, when i set it up
she was only using the tablet as the pc was not turned on.

I have also checked her email online and they are still on the server so i guess the issue
may be something to do with the tablet itself so i will try as you surgested and remove the email
account and re-add it.

Cheers

Stu