Ematic E-GLIDE Android Mobile Internet

wedusc97

Dec 24, 2011
I purchased two ematic eglides for my kid's Christmas. The first seems to work perfectly. The second's touchscreen does not seem to work at all. It powers up and I can see the screen but can not "click" on anything. Can anyone offer any help?

pittcrew29706

Dec 27, 2011
my tablet want connect ? it's connected but when i go and use the tablet ,like look up a app it say connection failed... any suggestions to why this is happening ?

crkrjak2001

Feb 2, 2012
I saw this at JnR and can't seem to find any information out there. I just want to know if someone is already using this device. Thanks.

Ematic E-GLIDE Android Mobile Internet Tablet in Portable Tablet PCs at JR.com

I bought two of them last week from J&R. I sent a defective one back yesterday. Apparently they aren't the most reliable tablets out there. Mine has 2.2 Froyo, and an email from eMatic told me they are working on a 2.3 release, which will enable flash.
"[FONT=&quot]We are working on being able to do that. Please email us back in a week. Sorry for the delay. "[/FONT]
I did manage to download a version of flash that pops up an annoying window, but it works. Dual core processor and cheap price is what drove me to get these. My touch screen is fair, and feels like a thick piece of plastic. Works better with a stylus than my fingers. The Android Market link that is installed is NOT the real market, as a reply from the market is as follows:

Hi Crkrjak2001,

Thanks for your reply. Updates to your Android operating system are handled by either the manufacturer of your device or your mobile carrier. For more information on the most recent update or when future updates may be available for your device, you'll need to contact either your manufacturer or carrier directly. If you have any additional questions about Android Market, please let me know.

Regards,

Mark
The Android Market Team

Best bet for apps (unless you can read Chinese) is getting the Amazon.com app and going through them.

So until eMatic gets on-board with the Android market, you gotta look elsewhere. This sucks, as I've been trying to install Skype on it, and I can only find two copies. One is from the market and another is one that someone hacked, but still requires 2.3 to function.
USB ports are accessible through an add-on adapter, which is kinda fragile. I cannot access other computers on my network. In fact, it doesn't see my other computers. I cannot seem to be able to change my home screen, neither.

Not the best value for the buck, but a good beginner tablet. Just patiently waiting for the 2.3 update. *sigh*

crkrjak2001

Feb 2, 2012
I purchased two ematic eglides for my kid's Christmas. The first seems to work perfectly. The second's touchscreen does not seem to work at all. It powers up and I can see the screen but can not "click" on anything. Can anyone offer any help?

I've been reading a lot about them since I bought two myself last week. I'm sending one back with a defective screen. Seems like almost half of the tablets are defective from the manufacturer. Send it back asap, and make sure you use all the original packing material. I'm returning the second for a refund, as I don't want the second one after all.

crkrjak2001

Feb 2, 2012
Jul 6, 2012
For anyone who was looking for a perfect rooted rom for the Ematic Eglide, here it is. Everything Works, even Wifi and Google play. It's all thanks to a programmer who goes by the user name of Finless or Bob once you get to know him. It seems he is able to create custom roms for any tablet. If you need help with your tablet, try to look him up.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qgk0tr0tkd69o69

Last edited:

powerfit

Oct 17, 2013
Hello Sunny girl , I almost give up to make my tablet to work , I tried your rom but wi fi didn't work finally I realized tha my eglide tablet was the same that the one called titan , I installed the room everything works great track ball , sound internet all is working but the camera , anyway I'm leving you the link just in case someone could need to make an eglide ematic to work , thanks for your posts
link 24-0700-7001
this link is for the original CD that came with the tablet its an original factory rom
Download the iso extract and go to 24-0700-7001\AutoPlay\Docs\RK2818 Android Upgrade Tool\RK2818 Android Upgrade Tool_v1.23
and there are the tools the IMG and manuals

Last edited: