Epad upgrade to Android 2.2

Mark835

Oct 7, 2010
Hi Guys ive got a 10" Epad and love it but I would like to upgrade from Android 2.1 to 2.2 is it possible?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Pretty useless upgrade functionally in my opinion. You are better off hoping for a good Android 2.1

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
So I am fairly new to this Android OS and may look a little foolish for asking, but can't someone just add the flash 10.1 and Adobe Air to the 2.1 platform. I mean, isn't that pretty much what they did with 2.2? I am just a little confused in this area and don't really understand why they would put out a new platform that won't let you upgrade from a previous platform. I have been reading posts everywhere and still haven't seen this explained. I may have missed it, but seems like everyone else has figured it out or is just really passive about the whole affair. Thanks.

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
So I am fairly new to this Android OS and may look a little foolish for asking, but can't someone just add the flash 10.1 and Adobe Air to the 2.1 platform. I mean, isn't that pretty much what they did with 2.2? I am just a little confused in this area and don't really understand why they would put out a new platform that won't let you upgrade from a previous platform. I have been reading posts everywhere and still haven't seen this explained. I may have missed it, but seems like everyone else has figured it out or is just really passive about the whole affair. Thanks.

The 2.1 browser will not support flash 10.1. So to answer your question no, you can't just add it. I wish we could though. Lol.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
The 2.1 browser will not support flash 10.1. So to answer your question no, you can't just add it. I wish we could though. Lol.

Thanks for the info. It is kind of a moot point right now though. After much debate I went with a 10" Zenithink with a 2.2 platform. I just ordered it and am now breathelessly awaiting a shipping confirmation from UPS.

As a side note, I love your little PETA slide show thing you have going. I grew up on a farm, so I was on a first name basis with dinner most of the time.

Thanks again.:cool:

Last edited:

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for the info. It is kind of a moot point right now though. After much debate I went with a 10" Zenithink with a 2.2 platform. I just ordered it and am now breathelessly awaiting a shipping confirmation from UPS.

As a side note, I love your little PETA slide show thing you have going. I grew up on a farm, so I was on a first name basis with dinner most of the time.

Thanks again.:cool:

I just ordered my 4th tablet in 4 months and im waiting on that one to get here now.. seems like it can't come fast enough. Hurry up Jan, 3rd.

and yes PETA all the way.

hectortor

Dec 19, 2010
I have a x220 infotmic 10 inch tablet .I have a flytouch 2.1 update 1 deb-r .1.1001 when i go to internet recognice one upgrade (deb-r2.1.1170) i download the file and the epad ask for roboot for put the upgrade but when reboot the sceen apear the infotmic logo and do not pass, My other problem i can not conect in root mode I push the power button and home simultanius the epad rebbot and appear the infotmic logo and do not pass from this, thank or the help and sorry ffor my english

TEO

Oct 27, 2011
Can someone help me i got a new zt-180 and it has no audio at all is there something wrong with the item or something to do with the operating system?

scarmyface

Nov 1, 2011
Sir. Do u manage to update zenithink zt180 256mb from 2.1 to 2.2? I'm using 20101030 .is it better than 2.2?

Sent from my zt180 using Android Tablet Forum