Failed firmware flash - system dead

shopalath

Oct 30, 2010
I started to update the firmware of my (so called) MID FY-706 (MID 706) pad.
During the installation process an error happened: "...can not mount file system - exit!" (during the second screen of messages).
After 30 minutes of waiting I powered down the device.
Since that pressing the power key takes no effect (short, long, very long pressing)!
The screen is black, no message, no icon, no boot screen.
I can see that the green power LED is turning on (immediately), but thats all.
Pressing the reset button in any combination with the other keys takes no effect.
Connecting the external power source switches the power LED to red. The device ist getting warm and the rechargeable battery is beeing loaded.
Switching the system on (green LED) is discharging it.
Inserting a SD card with a firmware script will not start any update process.

I did approx. 20 trials to re-flash my device this day. Was that too much?

It started with:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/via-based/573-restore-fw-mid-706-ly-706b-2.html#post11742

Is there any way to reanimate this dead device?

Thank you.

Look at the pictures to find out which device I have...
Device: generic
Android 1.6
Build 1.9
256MB RAM

(also posted in SlateDroid.com)

Last edited:

rodolforomano

Nov 9, 2010
I have the same model and the similar problem!! The screen is black, press power the light is on but not appear in the screen. put script in scard and nothing.... how to recovery ?

sdpinsens

Nov 1, 2010
I've got the same problem too...my device,at the first time can boot,but untill the booting was finished..then the screen blank....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Android Tablet Forum App

el_tako

Dec 9, 2010
I have the same problem I tried all sorts of combinations with the buttons but nothing has worked, I have understood that in other models can be connected to a PC and I've tried with an ipod cable, which is of the same input, but hard I try I failed to do which recognizes the tablet. Likewise, I have sought ways to contact the manufacturer to give me a solution but it seems to be no way to locate because the manual does not include any information about the manufacturer or the type of problems. If anyone knows another method to revive the tablet please let me know

ricosan

Dec 31, 2010
wow.....we should start a club. the dead droids...i too have the same sort of dilema......different model same sort of outcome
here is where i am now any help would be appreciated.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 28, 2010
Last edited: