Firmware update 2852

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd42

Feb 26, 2011
Cool i find a way to root the Flytouch :) even without the usb debug option not present in menu
after the first update, the cam didn't work (green stripes instead of picture)
so as written in the doc, i reflash the u0 with the other version, and now cam works
but still have a prob with the gps...i'm quite sure that there is no gps inside...but how to know ?

Killerloon

Feb 21, 2011
If your pad is anything like mine it should have an external GPS antenna. You have to plug it in to use the GPS. Without it your SOL. Oh and you need to be outside with a clear view of the sky. Mine wont work in the house but does just fine in the car.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Realy ic no use of a 10inch gps but whatever trips peoples triggers

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

lsd42

Feb 26, 2011
Indeed i think i find my solution.... and what i fear it's real
the pad has no gps :(
http://goo.gl/1rTjg
the pad's sku is : sku9607 with no external connector for antenna, and no gps :(
nevertheless i can swith on/off the gps by the widget, as if there is a gps inside, probably a virtual one ! grrrrrr

If your pad is anything like mine it should have an external GPS antenna. You have to plug it in to use the GPS. Without it your SOL. Oh and you need to be outside with a clear view of the sky. Mine wont work in the house but does just fine in the car.

mondoman22

Feb 27, 2011
Well,
I bought one of these tablets for my wife and of course the battery is crap
the os was not that terrible... So anyways I saw the firmware here and Decided
ah What the hell.. Anyways I formatted the sd card and did the boot burn
i burned with the otg cable U0 region with nand and of course put the sd card
in the slot fired it up and Wouldn't you know it off it went without a Hitch...
The New Firmware/Rom is Excellent.. Fast Stable Works Excellent I cannot
complain great update from the old wowpad firmware... The camera doesn't work
anymore i am sure i will be able to figure that out.. But i just wanted to let you
guys know it works great with no problems... Thanks to the uploaded who
uploaded the instructions and roms Excellent

Thank you
Mondo

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Your welcome

Yeah the camera will unfunction so ull need to read up on it

mondoman22

Feb 27, 2011
Thank you Rg
I appreciate it.. Not to be spoon fed... But do you know where i might need to look to find out about the camera...
Also Just rooted mine too.... I have a few more of these pads coming from China... So i plan to update them
all... Hopefully they will all go as smooth as this one... Anyways if you can point me in the right direction perhaps I
can get the camera working.... If you don't have the time understood... Thank you though Appreicate it...

Mondo

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I'll look it up on my lunch break (work the 3rd shift)
I seen it somwhere and forgot to mention that flaw that happens if u burn the update via usb method. U can get around this flaw by using the sd card boot method (second option in the burn tool)

mondoman22

Feb 27, 2011
Hey Rg,
Yeah I have looked I seen that mentioned before too I just can't rememeber for the life of me... So will have to flash this thing
back to stock with the old firmware? and then do the sd boot??? Cause in order for it to update i had to flash the U0 in order
for it to see the sd card and boot right.... Unless i am doing something wrong..

Thank you for your Help!
Mondo

lsd42

Feb 26, 2011
Hello

i had got the same problem with camera : green stripes on screen instead of pic !
so i decided to flash the u0 again (and only the u0), with usb cable method, with the other (0.6.1.2_1.4.587_OV2655) version of u-boot-nand.bin
and now, all is all right concerning camera !
hope it will help you

Hey Rg,
Yeah I have looked I seen that mentioned before too I just can't rememeber for the life of me... So will have to flash this thing
back to stock with the old firmware? and then do the sd boot??? Cause in order for it to update i had to flash the U0 in order
for it to see the sd card and boot right.... Unless i am doing something wrong..

Thank you for your Help!
Mondo

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
thats what i thought you had todo but i wasnt sure.

mondoman22

Feb 27, 2011
Hey Guys,
Just got in from work Thank you guys Especially you Rgocal... I appreciate you taking the time to look for me...
You guys are great. Reflashed it and its fine now... No problems.. the new rom is great Pads rooted and working
excellent... Getting a new battery for it... that 3000 mah don't cut it... Or i got a Dud... One or the other... Anyways
again thank you guys the pad works way better then with the original software....

Mondo

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Your welcome :)

Now we wait for the froyo update...or we get people to pull there system on the sdk from their supposed ft3 (only version2s of the flytouch2s) and make an update our selves

Killerloon

Feb 21, 2011
Why is it that my pad tells me the update package is damaged? Ive downloaded this update about twelve times. Oh and why in the hell is my card now only 720MB after formatting prior to using burntool?

Status
Not open for further replies.