Firmware update 2852

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Do a full format on sd card (if windows won't do it properly. Let the tablet format it )
Then u might have to burn the update twice to the card. I had to

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

mondoman22

Feb 27, 2011
Killer,
Mine did that as well..... Make sure you format the sd card in FAT32.... Once you are done with the SD card
you must get SDFormatter and reformat your SD card and it will bring it back to the proper size.... The Software
puts partitions on it you cannot see and the only way to get rid of it is SDFormatter... Google it and it will
show you where to download it.

Mondo

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
That software allows u to see the partitions on a sd card that linux operating systems can see but windows can't. Pretty cool software and handy

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I had it happen to me when I tried the update first time. Update corrupted or somthing like that
All I did was reflash the update to the sd card. Idk what else to tell yah there

mikeymouse

Mar 3, 2011
hi all
looking at this the drivers dont seem to work with windows 7 ?? is that correct
thank you all for your help so far
best wishes mike

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Yeah. Windows 7 don't like older drivers or these. Ul have to get virtual machine runnin on ur machine and get a virtual windows xp runnin if u absolutely need the drivers.

testfeek

Mar 3, 2011
Hi,
I did the update to 2852, works fine! But now at startup after the INFOTMIC logo there is the small linux pinguin at the top left and a curser under it blinking. Then comes in smal words android and again a cursor under it blinking, at last the big ANDROID logo comes for about 30 sec with some nice blieps. after the onlock screen appears. My question, is there a way to get rid of the pinguin at startup?

wuku

Feb 24, 2011
I've been trying to burn it to an SD card, but alas I'm not good enough to do so. anyone got easy to follow instructions for me.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
That penguin is the logo for linux os code. The answer is no. Don't touch the penguin or diss em

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Update 3245 has been found

I'm downloading now and testing its performance. Expect a new forum up later today
Will require a sd card burn program (will have links)

testfeek

Mar 3, 2011
That penguin is the logo for linux os code. The answer is no. Don't touch the penguin or diss em

Ok thanks a lot, but it normal with this update yes? It works fine, only it somethimes it blocks and i have to reset it.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Head on over to the new update forum

mondoman22

Feb 27, 2011
Hey Guys,
Well installed the 3245 Update.... It was a bit of a pain. But got it installed.. The Screen is superfast... The apps work excellent
i rooted it and it works flawlessly on this pad... The pads interface is by far quicker then the past roms... All we need is froyo and
This thing will kick Azz.. Now mind you i did install benchmark test well i got a little deflated but ahh Hell for a cheap Chinese
Pad it works pretty darn good and I am happy!

Mondo

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Agreeee

Status
Not open for further replies.