Firmware Updates, Patches, USB Drivers 32/64-bit

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
I got until Oct 2010 to take it back, but I want to see what AuGen will fix in patch number #2. Don't get me wrong the device works great. I got the browser snappy (meaning quick) Downloads are fast now. Disable a lot of crap that was running in the background. Market App is always running. Disabled now. Since this doesn't have a phone disabled all phone stuff. Just what I need is active. Memory Lite helps a lot the unit doesn't get that hot when I had first used it. Battery life has increased. Tweaks and such makes it works for me. I use it more now than my two netbooks. Still got to pull out the full size laptop to find gear to work on the Gentouch. I find some much doesn't work with it.

How did you disable these background crap stuff , market, phone , etc ??
Please post detail steps if possible, Thanks

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
How did you disable these background crap stuff , market, phone , etc ??
Please post detail steps if possible, Thanks

Under Settings
Applications
Running Services (this is manual it will save on shutdown)

You need to get Advanced Task Killer Pro.apk to have it done automatically. Don't forget to get Memory Lite.apk too. That's a must!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Android market
Touch screen adjust function

Factory default setting.
Windows 7 USB driver.
Add volume control by software
Flash Balance memory
Add "Back" button by software
Add screen take picture function by software
Add green robot picture when machine Power on

Well reports from AuGen reads only one feature above is going to be in the Patch #2
Note: This is subject to change until the final release?

marcelol

Aug 6, 2010
Where did you arrive at this ? As far as I've heard, there's been no SPECIFIC indication of what WILL come in the next forthcoming update.

There's been a lot of speculation, but other than some customer support folks yammering about what their presuppositions.

The reason I call that one item into question is that I'm the person who first reported the issue to them directly when I got my unit ( Augen is local to me, so it wasn't hard to get in touch directly ), and opened a ticket online about it for them. To my knowledge, that ticket is in fact, still open.

[Edit] I found a conversation on XDA-DEVELOPERS that relates to this, but that isn't a "Reset To Factory" fix, that's a "Restore to Factory", which is essentially a whole new system image ( presumably w/o Android Market and Google Apps installed ), not a fix for the specific setting to return a unit to a state where no account and no apps are loaded on the unit. Different kettle of fish. [/Edit]

Last edited:

jdelgado

May 11, 2010
I wonder who will be the 1st brave to test it, I hope we don't loose the market. So far I still happy with the unit it does good for the price. I can be around the house without my laptop reading news, forums, twitts, browsing, ....But I cannot wait for the NotionInk or similar unit.

thanks
jdelgado

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
That's what I've been told, but that might not be the only issue fixed? As for testing it out well I would test it as soon as I can get my hands on it!

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
I wonder who will be the 1st brave to test it, I hope we don't loose the market. So far I still happy with the unit it does good for the price. I can be around the house without my laptop reading news, forums, twitts, browsing, ....But I cannot wait for the NotionInk or similar unit.

thanks
jdelgado
Ill be the first one to do it.
ustom
I've got custom recovery so Im not afraid. If all goes wrong Ill reboot it to custom backup.

cpg716

Jul 23, 2010
[Edit] I found a conversation on XDA-DEVELOPERS that relates to this, but that isn't a "Reset To Factory" fix, that's a "Restore to Factory", which is essentially a whole new system image ( presumably w/o Android Market and Google Apps installed ), not a fix for the specific setting to return a unit to a state where no account and no apps are loaded on the unit. Different kettle of fish. [/Edit]

Restore to FACTORY, means restoring the device to just of the assembly line. Which means Account settings etc would be wiped. This is a FIX for what doesnt work in the current settings. This had been confirmed with Augen. It doesn't say COMPLETED in the ticket yet cause the FIX isnt out yet.. It is not the 20th..

CPG

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Accounts.db would need to be deleted to get rid of saved passwords, something the Factory Reset would do. The Flytouch I have has this feature in the Factory Reset it wipes out all apps that were loaded prior and dels the passwords, wireless wired everything else. Reboot the system back to the factory.