Firmware Updates, Patches, USB Drivers 32/64-bit

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Big day! Will it be out? Without the Android Market. Is delayed again!

Android market
Touch screen adjust function
Factory default setting.
Windows 7 USB driver.
Add volume control by software
Flash Balance memory
Add "Back" button by software
Add screen take picture function by software
Add green robot picture when machine Power on

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Xda has a market fix that has been posted by the moderator here.... it does require you log a bit of code once you leave the market to get abck into it.... so that's a bit of a pain.. but maybe since it's not that much to enter some one with a little coding experience could make a script to enter it.. that way al you havve to do is run the script then go to the market and voila... so who's gonna vol to do that..lol

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
That's one of the issues with this device. Although there are other sources to get most of the apps from the Market place. But this device like all other tablets that use Android OS is so hooked into Market Apps. I would like fixed. That Script you run before you start the market is it working 100%?

cblah001

Aug 9, 2010
That's one of the issues with this device. Although there are other sources to get most of the apps from the Market place. But this device like all other tablets that use Android OS is so hooked into Market Apps. I would like fixed. That Script you run before you start the market is it working 100%?

I thought this would be a fun device to just sort of tinker with and all of that but it is becoming more of a pain than anything. I still can't remove the person's info that originally purchased and returned it. I might just return it and fork up the cash for a Thinkpad or something unless things get better. Still got more than 2 months to return it.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I thought this would be a fun device to just sort of tinker with and all of that but it is becoming more of a pain than anything. I still can't remove the person's info that originally purchased and returned it. I might just return it and fork up the cash for a Thinkpad or something unless things get better. Still got more than 2 months to return it.

I got until Oct 2010 to take it back, but I want to see what AuGen will fix in patch number #2. Don't get me wrong the device works great. I got the browser snappy (meaning quick) Downloads are fast now. Disable a lot of crap that was running in the background. Market App is always running. Disabled now. Since this doesn't have a phone disabled all phone stuff. Just what I need is active. Memory Lite helps a lot the unit doesn't get that hot when I had first used it. Battery life has increased. Tweaks and such makes it works for me. I use it more now than my two netbooks. Still got to pull out the full size laptop to find gear to work on the Gentouch. I find some much doesn't work with it.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010

No script as of yet... I was just saying it would be nice if someone could write one... might be a good project to get my feet wet with...

I actually haven't tried the market fix... It's on the agenda this evening after the kids go to bed...

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
I got until Oct 2010 to take it back, but I want to see what AuGen will fix in patch number #2. Don't get me wrong the device works great. I got the browser snappy (meaning quick) Downloads are fast now. Disable a lot of crap that was running in the background. Market App is always running. Disabled now. Since this doesn't have a phone disabled all phone stuff. Just what I need is active. Memory Lite helps a lot the unit doesn't get that hot when I had first used it. Battery life has increased. Tweaks and such makes it works for me. I use it more now than my two netbooks. Still got to pull out the full size laptop to find gear to work on the Gentouch. I find some much doesn't work with it.
how did you disable phone stuff?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
how did you disable phone stuff?

You can go into settings where it reads applications + running services (you can stop the service manually) or you can grab the app called Advanced Task Killer Pro I let that run and kill the processes I don't want active. To biggest hogs are Market, e@mail, app Store. You would see the list when you launch ATKP. Just got to be careful what you don't want to launch. Also Memory Lite can stop or kill background apps but that will kill everything you got running. So you can to watch that also. There is also a list of applications under settings + applications + manage scroll down the list and see what you don't want to use. Warning once you remove the app it won't be back. Make sure you backup your system.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
No script as of yet... I was just saying it would be nice if someone could write one... might be a good project to get my feet wet with...

I actually haven't tried the market fix... It's on the agenda this evening after the kids go to bed...

Report back how it goes with the MF?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Report back how it goes with the MF?

Will do but it wont be tonight... and most likely not tomorrow... heading to watch the meteor shower with my astronomy group... YES.. I am a genuine geek...lol

prob Sat evening... but i'll repost

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Will do but it wont be tonight... and most likely not tomorrow... heading to watch the meteor shower with my astronomy group... YES.. I am a genuine geek...lol

prob Sat evening... but i'll repost

Okay, have fun! By-the-way you're not alone! LOL

SocalAndroid

Jul 21, 2010
I tried to fix the market for my device from the instructions below,

Fix Market For Slates - Wiki

but got stuck at the point where,

c:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell
/ $ su
su
su: must be suid to work properly <------ THIS'S THE PROBLEM. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
/ $