Flash on MD7015? Any ideas?

drummrx

Dec 20, 2010
After rooting the device and going through the instructions for installing Flash 10.1, even with it installed, I still don't seem to have it working correctly. Some sites said to use the market to install it but I don't even see it on the market. I have installed from the .apk. Is there a trick to getting the unit to work with flash properly? So far this is the only thing that is holding th tablet back for me.

deadinside

Dec 17, 2010
Flash does not work on 2.1 OS. You will need 2.2 for that. That is also the reason you cannot see it on the market place.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
There is supposedly flash 10.1 for 2.1..... google for the zip.... I've got the file, tried to load it on my 7015 - no luck, no flash. I didn't expect it to work but gave it a try. I've seen posts from others on different android devices that say it does work however. I'm still skeptical.

drummrx

Dec 20, 2010
There is supposedly flash 10.1 for 2.1..... google for the zip.... I've got the file, tried to load it on my 7015 - no luck, no flash. I didn't expect it to work but gave it a try. I've seen posts from others on different android devices that say it does work however. I'm still skeptical.

So now it is a matter of trying to get 2.2 to work with the device? I tried to trick flash into thinking it was on another device and putting it in different folders and installing it. I was hoping some of my Linux knowledge would help but in the end it was a good thing I put clockwork on because I ended up almost bricking the unit.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I downloaded a "Flash 10.1 for Android 2.1" - Installation looks fine. Manage Applications shows it fine. Browser doesn't see it.
So I downloaded a flash file from mediacollege and copied it over to the Coby to test if it was just a browser settings issue. In File Manager when I click on the flash file and select open it doesn't list Flash as an option. Seems a file handler is missing. There is a "Movies" app that opens the file but only plays the sound, no video.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Even though there is a Flash 10.1 for 2.1 apk out there, it doesn't really do anything. Flash just is not supported properly on this platform. The few instances where this works it has taken hacks, recompiles and builds very specific to a device to get it close to working. I do understand that people want this, but really your best option if you have a device with 2.1 or below is simply to load Skyfire as your browser.

Sorry folks
-p

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
Just let everyone know I tested old version and new version of Skyfire there is video overly problem with the COBY 7015 all video are washed out with a green tinge

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I can confirm that flash 10.1 does work on the device. I actually just posted a quick thread on how to install it. Keep in mind however that it ONLY allows you to browse Flash enabled websites and content. Flash videos and flash games do not work from what I've seen. What this means, is that you can visit most flash based websites that you couldn't in the past- thats it. So far I've seen most sites working well after installing the apk but there have been a few where content did not show up.

I would say guys (and gals) it looks like no flash video or game support will be implemented any time soon if at all. Sorry.

alareth1976

Dec 26, 2010
Just a question.
2.1 don't support flash , so I can't see any contents from a website built with flash... But with a stand-alone YouTube app would I be able to watch youtube videos or not?

thx

HWJ

Dec 30, 2010
Just let everyone know I tested old version and new version of Skyfire there is video overly problem with the COBY 7015 all video are washed out with a green tinge
Had similar issues with a site I normally go to. First few videos were pinkish. That seemed to get corrected as I loaded a few more from the site, but they are out of sync still.