FOUND FIRMWARE ! aPad Blue led 9v rk2808a - board FH-TONG 7.2 Bootloader 4.07

vlad111

Dec 8, 2010
After trying tones of firmwares , i have finally found one that works for my rk2808a tablet , and after reading many of the posts here i saw that many of you have this board revision so i thought i should post it here.
Found it on a russian android forum (thank you google translate).

Description (of my old tablet):
Plastic back , camera in the middle , 9v charger , blue led
Model number : rk2808sdk
Firmware version 1.0.1
Kernel Version 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (FH-TONG)
Build Number : laoTang.eng.temp.20100917.094135
Board : FH-TONG 7.2 , Samsung memory chip , RK2808a

Unbricked it with the needle trick and used RKAndroidDM to flash
Flash took about 1 minute and a half , i kept the home button and menu button pressed the whole time but i don't know if it was necessary.

aPad boots fine. It reached the touchscreen calibration screen but i have not mounted the touchscreen yet , i will give you guys more details when i have the time.
File name : apad_rk2808_v4_tim_edition.img (58.73MB)
Download Link : Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
:cool: let me know if it worked for you !

sydvishus

Nov 6, 2010
After trying tones of firmwares , i have finally found one that works for my rk2808a tablet , and after reading many of the posts here i saw that many of you have this board revision so i thought i should post it here.
Found it on a russian android forum (thank you google translate).

Description (of my old tablet):
Plastic back , camera in the middle , 9v charger , blue led
Model number : rk2808sdk
Firmware version 1.0.1
Kernel Version 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (FH-TONG)
Build Number : laoTang.eng.temp.20100917.094135
Board : FH-TONG 7.2 , Samsung memory chip , RK2808a

Unbricked it with the needle trick and used RKAndroidDM to flash
Flash took about 1 minute and a half , i kept the home button and menu button pressed the whole time but i don't know if it was necessary.

aPad boots fine. It reached the touchscreen calibration screen but i have not mounted the touchscreen yet , i will give you guys more details when i have the time.
File name : apad_rk2808_v4_tim_edition.img (58.73MB)
Download Link : Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
:cool: let me know if it worked for you !

You are the man!! Thanks for the huge find. This fixed me right up. Thanks again.

sydvishus

Nov 6, 2010
You are the man!! Thanks for the huge find. This fixed me right up. Thanks again.

One question, is there a way to get this in English. I have tried using the loader with various other versions but can't seem to get it to boot properly. It just gets to the calibration screen and i can never get past it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

xminux

Jan 8, 2011
One question, is there a way to get this in English. I have tried using the loader with various other versions but can't seem to get it to boot properly. It just gets to the calibration screen and i can never get past it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

same problem here, can't pass the touchscreen calibration....
Any idea??

leahgail

Jan 8, 2011
Hi, I just bought a 7" generic Ipad I-Robot with camera, red led and 9V adapter. I want to upgrade to an english firmware 1.5 or 1.6 but don´t know how to find a version which will not brick my tablet. The information I found is:

Model number: rk2808sdk
Firmware version: 1.0.1
Kernel version: 2.6.25
rockchip version 1.27(LaoTang)
Compilation number: LaoTang.eng.temp.20100909.172719

Can anybody help here? Thank you!

vlad111

Dec 8, 2010
just did it blindfoldly till i got to the language settings screen :))
I pass the calibration screen just fine ... sorry for you guys
I guess the key is that the FW should have bootloader 4.07 or newer.
I e-mailed chip3c about it but no answer.

sydvishus

Nov 6, 2010
just did it blindfoldly till i got to the language settings screen :))
I pass the calibration screen just fine ... sorry for you guys
I guess the key is that the FW should have bootloader 4.07 or newer.
I e-mailed chip3c about it but no answer.

Did you have any issues with your Home/Menu buttons on the side not working? I am able to get to the screen lock now but cannot use my home/menu button for some reason. Very odd. I will try reloading the firmware and post back. Thanks again for your response.

sydvishus

Nov 6, 2010
Did you have any issues with your Home/Menu buttons on the side not working? I am able to get to the screen lock now but cannot use my home/menu button for some reason. Very odd. I will try reloading the firmware and post back. Thanks again for your response.

Ok so I reloaded and before it went to screen lock I was able to get it changed to English and at least mess around with it for a bit. The side menu/home buttons have no response. I am stilltrying to figure it out. Will post back if I find anything.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Go into shell and see if you get any response from 'getevent' for those buttons. This shows if the kernel sees it or not. If it's a simple case of the scancodes being different, it's an easy fix.

sydvishus

Nov 6, 2010
Go into shell and see if you get any response from 'getevent' for those buttons. This shows if the kernel sees it or not. If it's a simple case of the scancodes being different, it's an easy fix.

Thanks for the heads up, will do and post back with results, thanks again for the info!

sydvishus

Nov 6, 2010

Well call me stupid but I cannot for the life of me get the adb to connect to my apad to see the getevent output. Are the buttons by any chance tied to the settings in the init.rc file? I have exhausted all options. Any suggestions are welcome. I have tied to different builds with the 4.07 loader/kernel and they both do not activate the home/menu buttons. Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Hm... No adb?

You can't really do a whole lot without it...

I was thinking it might be possible that the keylayout is different. This would be in /system/usr/keylayout

You could try comparing the some ROMs I guess... If you could you should try and find another ROM that works. Just make sure you are not flashing over the bootloader. The RKAndroid SDK is pretty flexible as long as your know your nand offsets.

sydvishus

Nov 6, 2010
Hm... No adb?

You can't really do a whole lot without it...

I was thinking it might be possible that the keylayout is different. This would be in /system/usr/keylayout

You could try comparing the some ROMs I guess... If you could you should try and find another ROM that works. Just make sure you are not flashing over the bootloader. The RKAndroid SDK is pretty flexible as long as your know your nand offsets.

Well I have managed to open my system.img file and take a look at the usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl file. Is there any chance you could get me a copy or at least dump the output of your file so I can compare yours against mine? I have opened a few other system.img files from various other firmware update.img files. I know I am getting close. Also is there any chance the kernel.img file itself is the culprit?