Freescale IMX515 APAD 8" Cortex with Galaxy Tab Software Installed

speedshutter

Jan 26, 2011
Hi,
Newbie here. I recently got a Freescale IMX515 APAD 8" Cortex of Utopia. Just noticed that it uses the Galaxy Tab software. It uses Android 2.2 Froyo.

1. Is there a more appropriate software applicable to this tablet?
2. If so, how can I replace it?
3. How can I improve the functionality of this product? I normally encounter less sensitivity of the screen when I touch an application.

Hoping I could get a solution.

Many Thanks!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You can install any launcher you want from the market. Screen sensitivy is a hardware flaw that affects the entire lineup right now.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
what do you mean by it uses the galaxy tab software? if im reading it right it sounds like you are referring to android 2.2 as galaxy tab software which is not the case. They do run the same android os but not the same software. and what would you like to make better on your device?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I thought he meant TouchWiz launcher may have been installed. Not sure.

speedshutter

Jan 26, 2011
Hi all,

Thanks for all your reply.

I have the impression that a software is installed in the intended hardware, what I mean is that if it's a touchscreen phone then certain applications are different than in a tablet pc.

As what I got, it's a tablet pc, not a touchscreen phone. So there are applications included in the software that is not intended for the tablet pc, particularly the ones connected to the operation of the phone. And as how I understand it, it also consumes energy as it uses the hardware to indicate that there's no signal, no ringtones, no vibra functions, and so forth.

If there's a way that an Android 2.2 for Tablet PC to replace what I have now in my unit, it'd be great. Or better yet, if it can handle Android 2.3, I'd go with that.

Thanks for the info and as what I read in the forum, it is a hardware issue with regards to the touchscreen problem. Thanks Xaueious.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Android is a phone OS grafted onto a tablet right now. It's the same OS. It has pros and cons...