Frozen Coby 7022

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
I found the file in the android sdk platform tools folder but it says the program can't start because the AdbWinApi.dll is missing from my computer. That file is in fact in the same folder as the as the adb.exe file

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I think you don't have Android SDK installed correctly then... You can try adding the folder with adb to the PATH environment variable. Or simply download and re-instal SDK.

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
I am able to get to adb in command prompt and when I use adb devices it says list of devices and there is nothing there. When I type adb shell it says error device not found. In my device manager I have unspecified android device when I click on it in the hardware it says Android Sooner ABD interface. what gives?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
What is the output of the command "adb devices"? Are you using the emulator or with any other Android device connected to your computer?

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
Now I may be getting somewhere I put it in the recovery screen mode that is on here the (which is clockwork mod recovery v4.0.1.0) and the output i get is list of devices attached 0123456789ABCDEF recovery. In the usb fastboot mode it said list of devices attached and then nothing. Any advice from here would be appreciated

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Nba told you what to do: install CWM 5 and then restore a backup. I think you have installed something wrong, like a bad version of CWM. Why don't you go back and follow the known working steps? It seems that you are doing many things wrong so no one knows how to help since every step fails...

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
I wish I could but I am new to android and this is the way I got it. I bought it off of ebay this way as an inexpensive way to get my feet wet with android and it looks like I jumped into the deep end. I am gonna still read and find out what I can. thanks

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Now I may be getting somewhere I put it in the recovery screen mode that is on here the (which is clockwork mod recovery v4.0.1.0) and the output i get is list of devices attached 0123456789ABCDEF recovery. In the usb fastboot mode it said list of devices attached and then nothing. Any advice from here would be appreciated
ok so the pc detects the tablet thats a good sign. Now to install cwm 5
1. follow these direction from Daprospecta.
Here are the two links for clockwork recov and cm7
http://files.androtab.info/telechips/cm7/20111029/KYROS7022-8K/KYROS7022-8K-recovery-signed.zip

You will need to extract the recovery zip because the recovery img is in it. Go download the android sdk(google it) and when it's all done and installed go to this site(Free download button at the bottom)
https://rs823tl4.rapidshare.com/#!download|823l33|380196682|AdbWinApi.dll|106|R~FB49C2FE0EB6A2A643527172EE0A5F05
and download this dll. It's called apdb32 something like it but anyway place that dll after you download it in your androidsdk\tools folder.Also put the recovery.img in the tools folder. Now turn your tablet off. Hold down the Menu button while turning it on you will get a message saying reset or plug in usb. Plug in your tablet to your pc and let windows install all the needed drivers(about 15 seconds). Open a command prompt and browse out to the tools directory once your sitting on that directory type 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img' once that's done(5 secs) type 'fastboot reboot'. Your tablet will reboot and you know have CM recovery. I'm assuming you know how to install cm7 from recovery.MAKE A BACKUP FIRST.
you don't need to install cm7 and instead of the tools folder place it in "platform-tools"

2. after you have Cwm 5 then download and extract the zip file from here Stock Kyros 7022 OS Backup.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

3. copy the clockworkmod folder on to the root of the SD Card.

4.Now boot into Clockwork mod and restore from backup

5. Now your device should have a working OS
hope this helps

Last edited:

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
I hooked a mouse up to it and was able to scroll through the clockwork i tried to run an update from the sd but it was bad so I am going to try to update the clockwork to the new version in that way and then flash a stock rom. In the commands it says the back button is disabled in clockwork

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
Does anyone have a file update.zip that I can install that will give me cwm5 or explain to me how to get it. The way that daprospecta has will not work for me bc in fastboot the device is not available in adb only when in recovery. I can now scroll through with the mouse and install an update from sd card i tried one that I had and nothing changed I would imagine because the cwm4 is bad??? I also tried a factory reset from cwm4 screen and nothing happened. Do I need to wipe the cache and all that? Thanks

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Does anyone have a file update.zip that I can install that will give me cwm5 or explain to me how to get it. The way that daprospecta has will not work for me bc in fastboot the device is not available in adb only when in recovery. I can now scroll through with the mouse and install an update from sd card i tried one that I had and nothing changed I would imagine because the cwm4 is bad??? I also tried a factory reset from cwm4 screen and nothing happened. Do I need to wipe the cache and all that? Thanks

all the files you need are in funs first couple of posts or on his website Home | androtab.info

[DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets - xda-developers

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
I have downloaded those files but I am not sure how to install them. I did the dump zip and then I tried to install the recovery zip and it failed them I went ti put the cwm5 in my sd and it said something like put the last disk if the multidisk set on and refresh. So do I put all three on the sd (cwm5 cm7 and fwdn) on there? And what do I name them?

also what is fwdn? thanks

Sent from my MB860 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
So I was able to update the cwm5 and then able to flash cm7 and I thought all was good but it seems that I can navigate with the tablet just fine but the buttons do not work none of them. When I boot into cwm mod across the bottom it reads
CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7
back menu button enabled
back menu button diasabled
backmenu button enabled

is there anything I can do?

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
So I was able to update the cwm5 and then able to flash cm7 and I thought all was good but it seems that I can navigate with the tablet just fine but the buttons do not work none of them. When I boot into cwm mod across the bottom it reads
CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7
back menu button enabled
back menu button diasabled
backmenu button enabled

is there anything I can do?

No you were not supposed to install cm7. Instead you were supposed to restore this file through cwm5. http://www.4shared.com/file/scx3MBYT/Stock__Kyros__7022_OS_Backup.html
1. Download and extract the zip
2. Inside the extracted folder you will see a folder called clockworkmod copy that folder to the root of your SD Card.
3. Now start clockworkmod 5 and then you will see an option to restore the OS

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk