Galaxy Tab 4 T530 or unknown Mediacom Smartpad 10 IPRO110B?

UnknownUsernameError

Feb 19, 2015
What should I buy this:
by6PGjN.jpg

or this:
xwjWh3V.jpg

usage: web browsing, reading comics, playing light games like clash of clans and hearthstone

mlauzon

Dec 24, 2014
I also suggest the Galaxy Tab, however, if you're willing to spend a little more money then I'd go with the Galaxy Tab S line of Samsung tablets.

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
Will this Galaxu allow to put in a phone chip or more inside, and connect as a phone?

I woudl like something to use on the road as map reader, connected to Waze, Google Maps or Windows maps.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You can install something like CoPilot GPS which is free and has off-line maps. You can't add phone/data to a tablet not designed for it out of the box. You could get a stand-alone GPS unit and connect through bluetooth if it supports it. If you have a USB port there are a few, VERY FEW, 3G/4G dongles that may work or you could get a portable WiFi hotspot.

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
What I found out is that now there maps, provided from programs like Waze, that update constantly problems on the street or avenue options you have to get to a certain destination. Such service needs a phone connection, like any common cell phone.

Which tablet brands and models allow that? I know there are very few that do so.

Can anyone recommend one? Screen doesn't have to be that large, but not too small either. 7" would be the maximum.

I also know some GPS systems have bluetooth interface, and you can transmit to it the info generated on your phone. I don't know how that works, but my nephew used that with Ford Fusion.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The best place to look for a tablet that has a data connection is at your cell phone provider's store. They aren't cheap and require a contract.

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
You mean I can not get a tablet that can accept a cell chip, from any phone company I want like I do with my personal cell?

What contract are you talking about? I mean a tablet that I can also use as a phone.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
A tablet has to have WiFi + 3G or 4G or LTE in order for you to use a cell chip in it. Samsung does have models that have that feature, but not the one you provided the ad for.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You mean I can not get a tablet that can accept a cell chip, from any phone company I want like I do with my personal cell?

What contract are you talking about? I mean a tablet that I can also use as a phone.
I may be misunderstanding something or I confused you. You CAN get tablets with 3G or 4G chips installed, normally from a cell phone provider. But, you can't add the chip to a tablet that doesn't have the SIM slot, which is what the carriers sell their tablets with.

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
Sorry if the ad I had enclosed confused things up.

I'm not too much of an expert, but I do understand you do need a tablet with SIM slots to plug the chips to.

So again, any recommendations on tablets with SIMs?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Check your cell phone provider's WEB site. The selections are fairly limited and it is a personal preference as to what you can afforrd and other features you want/need.

carlmart

Aug 28, 2014
I'm not sure how pre-paid SIMs are handled in your country, but over here, in Argentina and in Europe, you just buy or take a phone that's compatible with the frequencies that country works with, buy yourself a SIM card from any company (just a few dollars) and just recharge it with the time you wish to use your phone for.

My guess is it is the same with tablets, which, as I said, should handle all the phone frequencies of the country you're going to use it.

For internet use via phone line you pay a daily fee, which is discounted from your charged phone. I'm not sure you use the same terms. Of course I mean charging with the minutes you will use your phone.