Galaxy Tab black screen after two weeks

moseylou

Jun 30, 2011
Hello, all. I bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1 two weeks ago. Yesterday afternoon when I went to use it, it would not turn on. There should have been a charge, but I thought it must have run out of charge. When I plugged it in, no battery charging symbol came up. I tried connecting it to a computer with the USB - same thing. The computer detected hardware, but the unit didn't turn on.

After troubleshooting through googling and Live Chat with Samsung (which was pretty useless), I've sent it off to Samsung for diagnostics.

What I'm curious about is whether anyone is hearing that this is an issue with the 10.1, or if similar problems occurred with the 7-inch? Does anyone know if they can generally fix the unit, or if it's a brick and they will send me a new one?

I'm very disappointed - I've been liking it very much, but I'm not going to tell people to whom I've given a good recommendation to hold off until I see what happens.

Moseylou

Jun 29, 2011
Mine shut off the other night by itself and only holding the power button for about 5 seconds after plugging it in worked. I had plenty of battery left, well over 60%, and until trying it while plugged into the charger nothing worked. I was on the browser when it did it. Heywire kept freezing that evening so I attributed it to that but I was like "wtf? I can't get onto a forum to ask what to do LOL"

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

black83

Jul 4, 2011
sleep of death. it's because of android 3.0 ...3.1 fixed it as far as i know.
sometimes they fall into standby and won't wake up. try to hold the power button for a while - should fix it.

Jun 29, 2011
Thank you. Mine hasn't done it except that one time. If it does it again I'll hold the power button longer. Thank you again

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Jun 29, 2011
Well it just froze up while on the market. Wouldn't do a thing and after about 20 seconds went black. Holding the power button for about 15 seconds unfroze it until it went to sleep then it wouldn't wake back up until another 15 second hold the power button. All is back to normal now.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

GTNTP

Jun 20, 2011
Same problem here only once though. I also held the power buttom down for about 10 to 15 seconds and all returned to normal...must be a glitch that I hope they fix with an update.