getting S7-104

ryan5091

Jan 17, 2011
Hi,

I'm getting a hauwei s7-104 from oregon usa bestbuy and was wandering the following things

1. how good is the battery? i will still get it even if it got a bad batt i just want to know
2. android 2.2? 2.3? will these come? i see maybe march?
3. skype/fring? will i be able to use with WI-FI video chat?
4. REALLY!? A PHONE!? does it work good? casue i will get a tmobile prepaid sim card fo internet
5. Anything else i need to know? i will be getting this tablet tonight at 7 PM PST

JFer

Dec 19, 2010
Hi ryan5091, my huawei s7 is 104 too, from best buy US:
1. The battery is about 4 hours of steady use (depends wifi, gps, etc).
2. Android 2.2 maybe march
3. mmm, i do not know
4. Yes, really a no contract phone , good quality in reception, sound, etc.
5. It also has a built-in GPS! you do not need a data plan to use it as a 7" GPS navigator!!!, bluetooth, android market.

Very outstanding device!!! ;)

ryan5091

Jan 17, 2011
In got the android tablet app and im using it right now

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
snip
5. It also has a built-in GPS! you do not need a data plan to use it as a 7" GPS navigator!!!, bluetooth, android market.

Very outstanding device!!! ;)

Caveat that you don't need a data plan as long as you don't plan on using Google Maps as the map/navigator app. If you want to use it as a GPS sans data connection you need to load a navigation app that can use/provide offline maps stored on the device.

I personally like google maps but have the ability to tether the S7 to my android phone configured as a wireless hotspot to provide the data connection to drive google maps. You'll need a backup app though if you plan to use it as a GPS in areas w/o access to a data connection.

Last edited:

JFer

Dec 19, 2010
I personally like google maps but have the ability to tether the S7 to my android phone configured as a wireless hotspot to provide the data connection to drive google maps. You'll need a backup app though if you plan to use it as a GPS in areas w/o access to a data connection.

For example NDrive you can download maps offline

ryan5091

Jan 17, 2011
well i thought i just lost $300 when i knocked my s7 off my desk to the carpet floor. i almost bawled, but after turning it on it work just fine! no scratches no nothing! that was yesterday though, today i went to use it so i turned it on normally and i didnt know it but i was holding down the volume down button while turning it on! i remember that was the fast-boot recovery menu on my old android, the tab booted up normally but should i be worried?

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
well there are "Monster brand" type screen cleaner , or laptop screen cleaners. I have just been wiping mine with a cotton tshirt keeping the smudges off the screen protector. If you've taken the original screen protector off, look into putting one on. Pretty sure you don't want to use glass cleaners on it at all.