Is anyone else having problems with S7-104 reading AT&T sim?

bobko

Jan 11, 2011
Mine will read tmobile sim and connect to 2G was working great w/AT&T data plan on 3G then the data just quit working. Spoke w/ ATT and ended up stopping at a company store and getting new sim card. Still can not get data. Turn device off and on, and 50% of the restarts it shows no service at all but still says at network. Other times I show 3-4 bars and when I check status sometimes it will read hspa other time it says unknown.

This is the 2nd S7 i have had this happen with. Am I lucky an getting lemons or are other people experiancing this problem, if so how dd you fix it?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

bobko

Jan 11, 2011
I forgot to note that the apn settings i am using are the: ATT, broadband, 310, 410

cableguy520

Feb 24, 2011
I'm using the exact settings as explained in the useful tweaks and tips thread and I haven't had any issues. The only thing I've done is root my S7, no custom roms or anything.

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
Yes, the ATT sim card setup is a little tricky. You have to turn off and on the S7 tablet twice or more if i remember correctly. There is a guide somewhere on this forum. Follow the guide and do exactly the guide asks.

Mine will read tmobile sim and connect to 2G was working great w/AT&T data plan on 3G then the data just quit working. Spoke w/ ATT and ended up stopping at a company store and getting new sim card. Still can not get data. Turn device off and on, and 50% of the restarts it shows no service at all but still says at network. Other times I show 3-4 bars and when I check status sometimes it will read hspa other time it says unknown.

This is the 2nd S7 i have had this happen with. Am I lucky an getting lemons or are other people experiancing this problem, if so how dd you fix it?

bobko

Jan 11, 2011
Thanks all I found it. 3g up and running