Gingerbread 2.3.3 in sight

tekowalsky

Jan 1, 2011
GingerBreak does work for root access on this ROM -- at least for me.

I was tinkering trying to see if I could get a Google account registered by first setting up the Email client to connect to Google. (has worked on other tablets for me)

I got an interesting error when setting the IMAP security to "SSL":

Setup could not finish
Cannot safely connect to server
(org.bouncycastle.jce.exception.ExtCertPathValidatorException: Could not validate certificate: current time Thu Jan 01 18:08:41 CST 1970, validation time: Mon Jun 08 15:43:27 CT 2009)

The first thought I had was the time must be set wrong on my tablet. Not so. Tablet time was correct.

I changed the setting to "SSL (All Certificates)" and didn't get the error again.

I am wondering if this error is related to the problems with anything Google related. Maybe some of the framework APKs have been unpacked/repacked with a bum certificate.

unfortunely this rom still many bug....

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

alistassio

May 18, 2011
Yes! I was able to install gingerbread!
I solved the problems with the sd.
Very good this rom, but market don't work.

tekowalsky

Jan 1, 2011
That's the one I was trying. The links on that page point to 115.com
115.com says
"Sharing the file has expired, you can share those renewal reminder"
(although I'm sure the text makes more sense before translation by Google)

Anyone have this on a mirror somewhere?

tekowalsky

Jan 1, 2011
My camera doesn't work either. One more bug in this ROM. The camera app has an option for "back" or "front" camera. The default is "back". If I try to change the option to "front", the camera app says it can't connect to the camera.

As has been stated before, this can't be considered a final release version of Gingerbread. Too many things don't work.

Camera is not working after flash this image. Any one know how to fix it?

roo

Feb 26, 2011
I take advantage of this post to ask if someone managed to root the device under this rom (2.3.3 dated 26/6)

Thx

Sent from my MotoDefy.

Pietje

Aug 14, 2011
Hello,

Having used this info to upgrade met 8 inch freescale, i am also trying this on my 9,7 inch. I am trying to get a backup using dd, and then putting it back on a 9.7 inch that has suffered form a half firmware upgrade/

Unfortunately as the sdcard is fat32 I have problems because of the 4GB limit.

I was wondering if someone can tell me the syntax for both commands:

dd of=/extsd/backup.img if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=1048576
dd if=/extsd/update.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=1048576

Using gzip to zip the .img file straight away, or restore wile using the made gzip file. This way I can maybe make the backup.img <4G.

I appreciate your help!

Greeting,

Pietje.