Gmail

vaccdroid

Jan 8, 2011
Anyone have a working Gmail App. Gmail.APK
I installed a few versions and they all do not install on the Flytouch. I cant find a version that will install?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The google apps have to be pushed on to the device as system apps. Also, you need the rest of the Gapps framework to make any of them work.

Ikearat

Dec 27, 2010
I would like to keep Gmail from launching automatically. Sometimes I visit my friends house and he's anti-Google... that's his issue not part of the problem... I would like to do him the courtesy of not having my tablet use his wifi to connect to Google's servers. How do you "turn-off" the automatic Gmail start-ups on an Android tablet? Again, I would like everyone who cares to reply to consider the problem and not to go all sociopath on my friend's personal behavior/opinions. Thanks :)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Try autostarts from the market. Or you can disable the sync in the gmail app.

Ikearat

Dec 27, 2010
I will look for Autostarts. Disabling the sync does not seem to stop the "check-in" activity... at least the "com.google.android.providers.gmail" "service" is still loaded, and -everything- gets loaded when you turn on the power. Tablets are not like phones, we turn them off when we are not using them :) Also, how do you get this Forum editor to preserve the Carrage Returns and paragraph spacing in posts?

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
most of the time i use tapatalk pro (which is what the forum-specific app is created from (tapatalk provides re-branded, ad-supported versions of the pro software to various bbs's), so it sends the formatted posts for me. other than that, when actually using my netbook, i use the wysiwyg editor for the forum. (most of the time on the netbook i just use the quick reply box.)