Google Market for SYTABEX7-2 (Sylvania 7" 2.2)

AshleyC

Nov 26, 2011
Is there an updated work around for installing Google Android Market on the Sylvania tablet with the 2.2 firmware?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Is there an updated work around for installing Google Android Market on the Sylvania tablet with the 2.2 firmware?

Welcome to the forum!

Many others posts/threads with similar questions can be found using the "Search Forum" feature located in the upper right tool bar.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...p-sytabex7-2-sytabbl7-sytab7mx-new-users.html

Refer to this post for details. Android Market question.

Android Market is not "officially" supported on this or most tablets. Many alternate market applications are available such as SlideMe, Amazon App Store, or GetJar. Attempting to use Android Market on these tablets has been expressed as frustrating and fraught with issues. Seek an alternative method to obtain applications.

android Market Supported Devices

Email explaining why Android Market doesn’t work: on the Flytouch (another infoTMIC tablets).

Last edited:

jaycard

Nov 30, 2011
I installed market place using a set of files from other posts that were used to install market on coby kyros tablets, and other tablets without the market place installed from factory.

One thing I did before, is install that over the air update sylvania released and it sure made the tablet more speedy with what feels like improve battery life.

Anyways here it goes, it is a set of 7 files:

GoogleServicesFramework.apk
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
Gmail.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
Vending.apk

I installed them one by one in the order listed. I had issues copying the files to the sd card (this is most likely just me) so what I did is email all 7 files to myself on my gmail account. Then signed on the gmail using the browser and installed the attachments one by one. Works perfectly!

I bundled them to an rar and uploaded to megaupload. Enjoy

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Jay

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Jay,

Thanks for sharing this for other Sylvania owners. Welcome to the board, glad you could join us and share this info for people. It's cool the method for the coby's works on the sylvania's too. :)

Drujaz

Dec 1, 2011
jaycard, Thanks a million for that. Android market worked perfectly for me. after downloading the apks from your upload.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
yes thanks a lot Jay for the apks,

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet