Sylvania SYTABEX7 Owners: Must Read

mike1111m

Apr 5, 2011
I got mine today friday.my ac cord did not work.had to buy a universal cord.just my luck i guess.also is there a way to turn on G-sensor.maybe mine doesn't have one.it has the
new android2.2 also.

JPardee

Mar 26, 2011
The G-sensor works on and off, not very stable.
You can go into Settings and turn it on or off.

meataxe

Apr 6, 2011
I received my unit back today....it was the same EX7 that I sent in, they just flashed it to dg2.2....the usb ports still dont work...and I cant get into recovery mode...holding the buttons and screen do nothing now...it worked before though....

TabTab

Apr 18, 2011
I purchased this last one from my local CVS and although the box says SYTABEX7, the device says SYNET7LP and the firmware says gf2.01. I tried the firmware update and it seems to go through a download process and reboots to the same DG2.01. I haven't tried the USB ports yet but will try them soon. For thosewho got a replacement, does yours have Android 2.2? Do you guys have market?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I purchased this last one from my local CVS and although the box says SYTABEX7, the device says SYNET7LP and the firmware says gf2.01.

A few of these items are referenced in this post - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html

Model number/Android version - The "Model number" and "Android version" are hard coded into the "Settings.apk" used on both devices, SYNET7LP and SYTABEX7, so they will always report SYNET7LP and either DG2.01 or DG2.20 if updated.

I tried the firmware update and it seems to go through a download process and reboots to the same DG2.01.
Update process -
Automatic process - This method does NOT work in either DG2.02 or DG2.20. There is a programming error that does not allow the tablet to update. The update file is downloaded and extracted but fails to burn to the device.

The above information for the same http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html, only references DG2.02 and DG2.20, but if the device is DG2.01 it might be skipping ahead to the latest update file which fails using the automatic process. The update from 2.01 to 2.02 must have been replaced with 2.20 that's not working through the automatic update process. Better performance has been reported after the manual update. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html

For those who got a replacement, does yours have Android 2.2? Do you guys have market?
It's a Work In Progress -
If you're hooked on Market for applications DO NOT UPDATE or find an alternative (SlideME - Sam 4.0, Amazon Market, GetJar, etc.) Here's the Market on 2.2 Sylvania/Disco - Work In Progress post.

Last edited:

novadar

Mar 26, 2011
Starting to get really irritated. They received my return on April 18. We are well past the one week it seemed others were experiencing. I have repeatedly called and emailed nearly everyday for the last 4 days. Does anyone have a local number for Digital Gadgets (NJ Area Code)?

novadar

Mar 26, 2011
Update: I did find a local number for Digital Gadgets. No answer but no non-recording voicemail either. I tried the 1-888 number a few times and on one of those attempts a voicemail box came on. I did not leave a message but interestingly what appeared to be a call center for Digital Gadgets called me back on my main number. I was a bit surprised. Unfortunately the guy seemed to be just a call rep and it took me a few tries to get him to understand I was seeking a status update on my RMA. He took down some of my information and informed that someone who could answer my questions would call me back on Monday. I am not holding my breath but will likely have another update to post on Monday.

JPardee

Mar 26, 2011
An update on my 2nd RMA.

- Sent the original SYTABEX7 in for the SYNET7LP upgrade.
- Got my SYNET7LP, and after playing around with it, did a factory reset, then ran an update and it was pretty much bricked.
- Got my second SYNET7LP. There were crumbs or dirt in the box, smudge marks on the back of the unit from someone spilling something on the unit. I am unable to factory reset from the "Settings" menu. When trying to update, I get a "Error 301." Tried a factory reset from boot and no recovery image found. There seems to be a purple tint to the screen.

Not sure what to do.

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
So which one do I have??

There is no HDMI port
But under "About Device" Model number is SYNET7LP
But the manual that came with it said SYTABEX7

Everything works USB port and all,
except the system update appears to work, but nothing really changes.
Firmware version is still DG2.01
And the hwver is 11.2.1.5

p.s. I bought it for $99 at CVS a few days ago.
I was advertised as a "Great Mothers Day Gift"
along with a box of candy and a bottle of Tequilla.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
So which one do I have??

There is no HDMI port
But under "About Device" Model number is SYNET7LP
But the manual that came with it said SYTABEX7

SYTABEX7 - Model number/Android version
- The "Model number" and "Android version" are hard coded into the "Settings.apk" used on both devices, SYNET7LP and SYTABEX7, so they will always report SYNET7LP and either DG2.01 or DG2.20 if updated.

Here are some getting started Resources for the SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7/Disgo 6000.