Google Nexus 7 - Black Friday Deals?

pitchblende

Nov 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here. I really must buy a 7" tablet (I've chosen Nexus 7 over Kindle fire hd) but I don't know if I should wait till Black Friday to see if there will be any price drop. I need a tablet as soon as possible for my work, but I am on a tight budget and don't want to regret my being impatient and losing a few $$$. Do you think there will be any black Friday discounts for the Nexus 7 or should I just go ahead and order one now? Please let me know your thoughts.

P.S. I will be using it for tons of reading pdfs and for writing notes in class. Any suggestions? am i buying the wrong device?

Thanks in advance.
PitchB

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Wise choice. I think you will love the Nexus 7. But if I were you I would go ahead and order one straight from Google now for only $199. I don't see there being any big price drops between now and Christmas. Google just now reduced it from $249 to $199 for the 16gb. If there were a big Black Friday sale then you know it would be very limited quantities and a long wait line. And after all of that you may end up without your tablet still. So, by all means, get it now and be enjoying it.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Absolutely, the Nexus is pretty much sold at cost as it is and is an incredible value for the money.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I agree, go grab it now. If you think 8GB of space (6 usable) is enough, Staples is reported to be selling the N7 for $160 for the 8 GB variety. It is 200 for 16 GB or 250 for 32 GB though....

PctabletPC

Nov 13, 2012
i can't see the nexus being within the black friday deals, it's a popular product and amazon sell it only with google permission, can't see them selling it without permission, anyway it is well worth the money already!

pitchblende

Nov 13, 2012
Thanks everyone. I tried to buy it online from Google but tax + shipping added raised the price to $226. I'll just go grab one from the nearest Staples for $213.

Best,
PitchB

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Yeah, I don't usually say too many good things about Android devices, but even I am impressed with my Nexus 7 running JB.

You know you have an inferior Android device if:
A. It did not come with Google Play Store pre-installed by the device manufacturer,
B. It says things like "Battery usage data not available",
C. It reboots on its own, secretly, like my Droid X phone and my other tablet does. You can tell by monitoring the System Uptime counter to see it got reset.
D. You can't even load/play Angry Birds on your device.

Beckea

Sep 4, 2011
I am thinking of getting this as well. I heard they have a bigger size - is that true? Not that I mind but I think the 7 inch would be easier to use when reading.