Google Play and Others on U.S Bought A2109

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I just posted the following thread on Lenovo Forum and thought I'd post it here as well.

OK I have probably a somewhat weird question here.
I am going to be getting me an A2109 tablet within in the next month or two, And while surfing the forums here I've noticed alot of post stating that Google Play will not reconize there A2109. I realize they were talkingh about ones that they had bought off of China's Website.
My question is this.

I'm going to be buying one from Best Buy or Amazon ones that were made to be sold here in America.
Lenovo says it comes stock with Goggle Play already installed.
My question lies here has anyone been having any problems with Google Play on their A2109 tablets that have been bought in this country the U.S?

And is it also capable of downloading from places like Amazon and GetJar and the like?

I know I can always download apps from other places and install them but that is a real pain in the you know what to have to do that for everything.

I'm just trying to be sure it will do what I need before I buy it.
It sounds like the best Tablet going with a Tegra 3 on board, But if it won't do the basics then to me it would be little more then a Coaster on my desk.

Thanks in advance.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Hey buddy, you will have no problem with the Google Play Store. I'm not sure about the Amazon app store -- I don't know that it adds any value to the standard Amazon Store. Don't worry, you'll be set with the A2109. I have only found a couple incompatible apps out of the hundreds I've scanned.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Hey buddy, you will have no problem with the Google Play Store. I'm not sure about the Amazon app store -- I don't know that it adds any value to the standard Amazon Store. Don't worry, you'll be set with the A2109. I have only found a couple incompatible apps out of the hundreds I've scanned.

Hey thanks again FloRider: I figured it would work with Google Play since it said it was coming pre-installed. But as I said once again I just wanted to be sure.
As for Amazon's App store in itself, It does come in handy alot of times, as if Google Play may be charging for an app Amazon most always is free and the other way around. I'd say at least 95% of the time anyway.
And GetJar directs you to the Google Play Store quite often, So that's why I was asking.

I've already started to back up alot of my apps that I have gotten from other 3rd party sites off my Iconia so that I'll be ready to go once I get my new one.

But at the moment my wife has my tablet because her's is down for service.
I told her she wasn't getting No Where near my new one once I get it, And that when I'm not using it I'm going to put it under armed guard.

She was suffering from Tablet withdraw when I told her she could use it and I'd just run on my Laptop until she got her's back
It's not a pretty site to see a Grown Wife Cry.... :rolleyes:

Anyways Thanks again for your always Kind Help!