Got Hulu working on a500?! I do! XD

HD87

May 14, 2011
No Root required (Does not work with all ROM's)
Uninstall your current version of Adobe Flash & install --> View attachment $Hulu_Flash_v10.3.186.7.zip
Try watching a video on Hulu.com through the browser (Set to desktop mode)

Alternate method:
Root required
uninstall modded Adobe Flash & install new version from Market
download View attachment $libflashplayer.zip
Extract libflashplayer.so
use Root Explorer or ES File Manager
Copy/Paste file to data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/ replace libflashplayer.so

Browser must be set to Desktop mode

Hulu
is only available in the US & Japan.

I do NOT support these patches.

Last edited:

hira

Jul 26, 2011
Is this 'official or community solution?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

rokclimbertx

Sep 27, 2011
Just tried. Hulu tells me I need the newest flash or better. 10.0.0.32
Just for fyi sake I'm rooted on stock rom 3.1

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

HD87

May 14, 2011
This is a "community solution".
No root required.
I found the stock browser is a hit & miss, try Dolphin HD
You'll get the commercials saying you "dont meet the requirements" but it will play after.

chomlee

Aug 28, 2011
i have never been able to get this to work. i tried the stock browser with the about:debug change to desktop. i installed the latest hack listed above, i even tried dolphin browser hd (set to desktop), and i still get the message that i have flash 10.0.---- . i am not rooted. could that be the problem or is there a newer hulu fix.

HD87

May 14, 2011
i have never been able to get this to work. i tried the stock browser with the about:debug change to desktop. i installed the latest hack listed above, i even tried dolphin browser hd (set to desktop), and i still get the message that i have flash 10.0.---- . i am not rooted. could that be the problem or is there a newer hulu fix.
like I said above, you'll get the advertisement say you dont meet the requirements but after those 30 sec it'll play the video, use Dolphin HD browser & set to desktop mode. It works for me.

chomlee

Aug 28, 2011
like I said above, you'll get the advertisement say you dont meet the requirements but after those 30 sec it'll play the video, use Dolphin HD browser & set to desktop mode. It works for me.

there is no advertisement. There is only a message saying i need to download the latest flash and it doesnt go away. why would it work on other tablets but not mine. Here is what i have tried.

uninstalled current flash
installed the latest flash patch
stock browser
used about:debug to change to desktop
went to hulu.com but get the message telling me to update flash

tired the same thing with dolphin hd browser (toggled to desktop mode)
got same message to update flash.

chomlee

Aug 28, 2011
Ok, it seems there are many of us who can't get Hulu to work. Even with the latest patch. There should be no reason why some people got it to work but others can't. Is it possible that the only people to get this solution to work on the Acer Iconia A500 are the ones who have rooted their tablets? I know this is supposed to be a non rooted solution but maybe the A500 has issues with Hulu unless it is rooted.

Has anyone out there been able to get a non rooted A500 to work with Hulu?

abell.abell

Oct 2, 2011
skyfire browser video works great on a500 and my HTC 2.3 phone

it skips flash. they optimize the video and directly feed it to your device.
their video service cost $2.99 after 3 day trial

hulu doesn't work, but i can get video from tv.com cbs.com and tnt.tv
probably others

cbs.com has a lot of new and old shows. you can watch LOVE BOAT

bella89

Dec 24, 2011
@ hd87,

am a newbie here .and most of these technical jargon confuses me. i have an a500 that came preinstalled with flash player 11 settings and try as i might i cant find a way to uninstall it.i contacted acer and they told me i cant delete a preinstalled app.i heard that there is a modified flash 10.2 with a hulu hack but wen i try to install it says app not installed.also am not sure how to navigate to my data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib i couldnt find it anywer. going crazy here so if any1 with tons of patience could help me sort this out i wud be grateful.fyi i ve installed taboonay 2.0 custom rom running android 3.2 please give me detailed step by step instructions on how to replacelibflashplayer.so file and wer to find my com.adobe.flashplayer

candita

Jan 7, 2012
For those who want hulu to work download Flash Video Browser from the market..it works flawlessly

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Has anyone out there been able to get a non rooted A500 to work with Hulu?

I'm watching a Hulu movie right now on my non rooted A500 using the Splashtop Remote app and it's running flawlessly. So far I haven't found anything I run on my laptop that won't run on my tablet including games, Hulu, Xfinity, Firefox, Windows Mail, etc.