GPS and or SAT NAV app for Epad?

Jamesbond007

Jan 13, 2011
Hi everybody,

as of title - anyone know of any excellent GPS/SAT NAV app that would would on 2.1 Android Epad please? My friend told me I need a sim card for this but surely thats rubbish?

Any help would be superb ",)

openuser0009

Feb 1, 2011
I've read there versions of google earth and copilot each with maps. As well there are several small apps that let you track sat's, speed, and bread crumb mappers. I used google to look for them, but can not tell you where they are. I was just looking myself. Hope this helps. Google Earth and Copilot both have their oun website.

jplatt11

Feb 1, 2011
I'm going to tether my unit to to my droid and use Google Places/Maps/Navigation in my Jeep.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Take a look at ShareGPS for the Droid (Allows you to share your GPS from your phone), this is not available in the market, but if you google it you should be able to find it from code.google. Then for your tablet get a copy of BlueGPS which will allow you to connect to an external GPS via BT.

Be sure to enable Mock Locations on your tablet, this is not documented but it is required to get it to work.

shinny33

Jan 21, 2011
hello i not an expert but i have a flytouch2 with built in gps and tried a ton of gps apps that dont work...google works well but have to be on the web...not good for me....i installed copilot and if your gps keeps finding china..like mine did and never snyced up....change the auto detect to off...i turn the auto detect off and put in my city and it found me within 25 secs....have been using my big screen flytouch gps..haha..for 3 weeks now and it works well...hope that helps

slowef

Feb 15, 2011
Hi everybody,

as of title - anyone know of any excellent GPS/SAT NAV app that would would on 2.1 Android Epad please? My friend told me I need a sim card for this but surely thats rubbish?

Any help would be superb ",)

my epad has google maps already in the apps maybe yours does, its the latest one, my OH bought it for me for Christmas, not sure if older versions have it.

I can do location search and it seems to detect where I am without a sim card. I am new to this so still trying to work it out :-(

Jamesbond007

Jan 13, 2011
Hey everybody,

Thanks for all your replies. For anyone not using a 3G card, MapDroyd is just excellent. Otherwise, the maps app on it is good if you're near a Wifi.

Thanks again.