Greetings from the "Show-Me" state! (Missouri)

pixelsmith55

Jun 29, 2012
I'm new to tablets in general, and specifically to Android, and new to this site. I'm looking forward to learning more about all Android-powered devices.

In fact, I already have a specific question, and a problem that someone can hopefully advise me on. I purchased a tablet recently through amazon, and it was really pretty inexpensive ($92), but seemed to have high reviews. I needed to have a device on which I could test an ap that I'm developing. I'm building the ap in Adobe Flash.

My problem is that even though I've been able to connect my tablet to my PC by USB, Flash does not recognize it as an Android device. Actually, Flash isn't seeing it at all.

I have enabled debugging and allowed for non-market aps to be installed, and I've been able to get the tablet to hook up to my PC by USB. I had to turn on the USB storage to get the PC to recognize it, and it popped up the familiar "Open Files" window, so I knew it was connected. My ap file exports from Flash normally, but when it gets to the publishing phase when it should install and play on my tablet, it says there is no Android device connected. The computer didn't search for the correct driver when I plugged it in, as I would have thought it should. Is there something I'm missing here? This is a new, ice cream sandwich tablet, the name on the device is "imio", but I've read that it's actually the same as a Crownho Q701 tablet. It wasn't expensive, but it's a nice little tablet. I just need to figure out how to get it to talk to Flash. Any help here is GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you for hosting this site, and it's a privilege to participate. I am sure that with the great reservoir of minds present here, there is someone who has crossed this bridge before.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi pixelsmith, congratulations on your new Crownho Q701 and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. I'm moving your thread there for you, since more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you there. Good luck!