[GUIDE] Transferring Files To And From Tablet

scole456

Jan 9, 2013
I bought a tablet for my auntie (84 yrs.) and now am in a quandary. I bought a 32 GB SD card, PNY brand, so she could load up with all the games she wants. I had planned on putting some photos & etc. on the card for her. The tablet says I must choose to a.) Use as portable storage, for moving photos & other media between devices or b.) Use as internal storage, for storing anything on this device only... including apps & photos. Requires formatting that prevents it from working with other device. If I go with plan B, can I transfer stuff into her tablet using a micro cord from my laptop to her tablet? and still be able to save games? As I read this, I think plan B will work. I'm just being slow today. Your opinion will be greatly appreciated, though.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Portable storage allows you to take the card out of the tablet and place it in another device. Internal storage combines the storage space already present on the tablet with the storage space on the card and converts the whole into one single storage space. The disadvantage of the internal storage option is that you cannot swap cards or sneakernet files using the card.

Either option will allow you to transfer files using the USB cable. The only difference between the two is whether you can use the card in other devices or not.