Had to call Vizio

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
My Vizio developed a problem, it stoped moving apps to the SD card, it said app failed to move not enough storage. My SD card had 22.03GB of storage app storage had 516MB, but my internal storage said 0.00b.

Powered off for a few minutes...no change
Unmounted power off remove card, reinstall card re power remount... no change.

Call vizio tried the above with them.. no change
They suggested erase internal, some how my tab was not recognizing it, I had used about 700 mb of the 2.4GB, but that fixed my problem. The viz is humming along quite nicely now.

CS spent over 40 minutes with me and my rep asked some others if they had this problem before none had, guess I was the first, woot woot.

dornstar

Sep 3, 2011
I'm having the same issue.

Is there any way you can go into a little more detail with how you fixed it?

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
I just erased my sd card, and internal memory. No big deal just like a factory reset of your android phone. The factory reset is the last thing I could have done. I now download an app and then check to see if it can be installed to the ship card if it can I do it then. This seems to be working just fine, no further problems.

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
Are you using and app2sd app or just the app2sd in the settings under applications?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
Android assistant to see what is movable, then I press on the app, and it opens the manage apps menu, then I would just move it to the same card.

dornstar

Sep 3, 2011
I went ahead and wiped my tablet and cache with the power button/volume menu, cleared the internal memory and formatted my SD card. Every app I install I verified where it was located and moved to the external drive. This tablet is flying now.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Moving an app to sd card on the Vizio doesn't really free up internal memory. It just moves from the device's internal memory to the user's internal memory. They are moved to .android_secure on the internal storage that is reserved for the user. This folder looks empty if you browse it on the phone but if you connect your VTAB to your computer and turn on USB storage you can see the files there.

This is one of the biggest issues I have with the VTAB. The internal storage is limited to 4 GB total and there is no setting you can use to make the tablet use the sd card in the same way that most android devices do. For any app that defaults to storing settings and files on /sdcard you eat up the internal user storage. If an app does not have a user setting allowing you to set the folder used you can't change this.

I've got a 16 GB sd card in this thing, why do I want large files in Internal storage?

I think that the internal storage is set up this way so that someone who does not have an external sd card can use all of the features of Android. Instead of spending time building a custom UI they could have set up a way for the user to choose if they want to keep it that way.

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
Vizio stated they have knowledge of this issue and are working on a resolution to allow user the ability of selecting the sd card as the defailt install location. Hopefully They'll fix this soooooon.