Storage for the new honeycomb update

azturbomini

Apr 4, 2012
I have the exact issue and I wish there was a solid fix for this.

I am having a terminology problem here.

My micro SD card is mounted and seems to be functioning, since when I un-mount the SD card apps will not work.

Selecting Storage in Settings yields four terms Tablet Memory (Default), Onboard Storage 2.4GB, SD Storage 14.83GB , Internal Storage 756 MB.

I can change the Default storage location between Tablet Memory or Micro SD Card.

When the Tablet Memory is selected as the Default, Angry Birds shows as in Onboard Memory and I have the option to Move to Tablet available.

When the Micro SD Card is selected as the Default, Angry Birds shows as on the SD Card and I have the option to Move to Tablet available.

If Onboard Memory is the SD Card then the above makes sense. Yet, I think maybe when the Default is Tablet Memory, the move is between Onboard Memory and App Memory on the Tablet?

Has anyone sorted this out??? (I am having problem with Astro file manager dealing with my micro external SD card which adds to my confustion.)

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Erviz
Here is a link that may help in freeing more system memory

how to free up app memory on non rooted vtab system

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Wow, how do you all find this stuff? Looks a little advanced for me. Apps2sd seems to work just fine, EXCEPT sometimes when I boot up my tablet has to double boot to load all the apps. Sometimes some of the apps on the SD just don't show up. When that happens I reboot it again and they appear. Very strange.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wow, how do you all find this stuff? Looks a little advanced for me. Apps2sd seems to work just fine, EXCEPT sometimes when I boot up my tablet has to double boot to load all the apps. Sometimes some of the apps on the SD just don't show up. When that happens I reboot it again and they appear. Very strange.

How often are you powering all the way down. You should only be rebooting occasionally and then you won't have to worry about the delay in apps appearing. (It may just be that you were rebooting working through your update issues)

Cleny95

Dec 10, 2011
Kemper
The double boot is the external sd card loading your Apps that are stored there nothing strange about it. The os is just loading the main drive first then the external drive gets loaded this is why some Apps stopped working in GB when you mount the sd card to the computer.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk