Haipad apps not working ...skype and amazon kindle..

toyen

Nov 6, 2010
full version skype can't run. you can use beta version instead but it can't use voice call and video call (normally video call in android 2.1 can't use camera )

i recommanded if you want to use voice call you can use fring app or nimbuzz instead.

and amazon kindle i never use it. someone can tell you.

Last edited:

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I've got Kindle and Nook on mine and both work fine. Android 2.1, Haipad M701-R. You didn't say which Haipad you are using.

wintermute

Sep 4, 2010
Neither Fring nor Nimbuzz work with Skype any more, sadly. Both have been blocked by Skype. Half the time I couldn't connect with Nimbuzz anyway, even when it wasn't blocked.

Skype hasn't released an official client for Android. The beta Skype lite is all there is at the moment. You'd expect that they would have an official Android client eventually, but so far they're taking their bloody time.

Nov 7, 2010
I have the Haipd m701-r....running adroid 2.1.....but kindle doesnt seem to work....ive tried reloading the app ...and still doesnt respond....the initial screen for kindle seems perfectly fine...but there doesnt seem to be any response to any of the buttons on the first page !!

Oct 28, 2010
wow, did you download kindle from android market? i downloaded and it works fine, but my skype is not working, my fring is working great...

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
I have the Haipd m701-r....running adroid 2.1.....but kindle doesnt seem to work....ive tried reloading the app ...and still doesnt respond....the initial screen for kindle seems perfectly fine...but there doesnt seem to be any response to any of the buttons on the first page !!

what buttons ?

go and download a book from amazon .
reopen kindle , it should sync and off you go.

skype is a pain but hopefully they are working on it