Haipad G10 freezes

mcamou

Oct 28, 2010
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got my Haipad G10 (which as far as I've seen in the forums is an M701 with multi-touch, HDMI and acceleration sensor, no remote). It came with firmware revision #121.

After about 5 minutes of use it locked up completely, I had to hit the power switch. After turning on it happened again. And again. And again. The times before lockup and the running applications vary (sometimes it will lock up even when it's on standby).

Thinking it might be the firmware, and since I don't have access to a 32-bit Windows machine, I installed Asure and VeNoMouS' Froyo port. Same results, the pad hangs continuously.

Any ideas what else I can try?

mcamou

Oct 28, 2010
I have one more data point. Last night I plugged in the tablet and was able to use it for about 2 hours with no hangs. That leads me to believe it's a battery problem. I've contacted Euogo.com (where I bought it) and they tell me they'll send me a new firmware that has better power management.

mop

Nov 3, 2010
The latest firmware from the Haipad site is 30/9.
I also bought one from Euogo.com (still in the post). I was under the impression that they would come with the latest firmware installed as Flashing doesn't seem to be too straight forward on these tablets especially with Win7.