Haipad M701 TCC8902 - Won't boot, need your help.

timc

Apr 4, 2011
Hi, I have been reading on the forum for a couple weeks since I got my M701, and I have learned a lot from reading many of the posts. I have a big issue with my tablet now, and am desperately hoping someone here can help me out.

So my battery drained all the way out and I plugged it in and turned the tablet back on, the I love you screen appears then a black screen with like a baby cougar with a penguin beak appears then screen goes blank though you can tell its still on and android never loads.

I have tried re-drain the battery, and hooking up to USB and nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any ideas what I might need to do? I have what I think is the correct image to re-flash it but not sure how I can even do that.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Troy

Jan 9, 2011
Hi, I have been reading on the forum for a couple weeks since I got my M701, and I have learned a lot from reading many of the posts. I have a big issue with my tablet now, and am desperately hoping someone here can help me out.

So my battery drained all the way out and I plugged it in and turned the tablet back on, the I love you screen appears then a black screen with like a baby cougar with a penguin beak appears then screen goes blank though you can tell its still on and android never loads.

I have tried re-drain the battery, and hooking up to USB and nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any ideas what I might need to do? I have what I think is the correct image to re-flash it but not sure how I can even do that.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I have the same problem with mine and have still not found away to fix it..

No replies to any of my posts. May be a paper weight!!!!

timc

Apr 4, 2011
Ya, I feel your pain man; I cannot get any help with this thing and it really sucks, I guess my good karma of helping people out on forums for all these years don't help me :(. I guess I took a gamble and lost. I suppose you get what you pay for. If I ever figure anything out on this ENORMOUS piece of crap, I will be sure to post here for you and others who may experience this problem, please do the same.

Anyone considering purchasing a Haipad M701 TCC8902, I would HIGHLY recommended that you re-consider.

timc

Apr 4, 2011
Why dont you just flash it fresh?
these pads are nearly unbrickable.

I would love to do that, however I don't have any clue how to do that. Is there some resource you could point me to that could guide me? I am not afraid to read and learn I just cannot find any credible resources that explain what I can do. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

TC

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Firmwares:
????--www.haipad.net

for the M701 with 4GB internal memory use HY firmware
for the M701 with 2GB internal memory use the firmware without HY
The M7 and the M1002 are different Pads.
Instructions, driver and flash program are included in the downloads,
but in short:
Power down the pad
press and hold the 'menu' key, plug in the USB cable.
Now you should be prompted to install the drivers (if not go to the device mamager and uninstall / install them) if you do not have working drivers already,
Power down the pad again.
Now start 'FWDN' (the flash program) and add the *.rom, and *.img file,
Start the pad as above (hold 'menu' while plugging in the USB).
klick the 'NAND data' part on the right that should now not be greyed out anymore,
klick on 'create file' (or something similar to that on the bottom)
save the file as something that you will remember.
now you should have 3 files in the list of FWDN.
press 'start' on the bottom,
have patience.
if you get a CRC error eighter your download is corrupted or you did try to flash a HY firmware to a 2GB pad or the other way round,
so re-download and repeat.

on some Pads you need to hold the 'power' button ([]) simultaneously to 'menu' while booting to get into the flash mode.

sorry if i am a bit rude, the info was everywhere around when i got the pad so i thought it should be common knowledge, maybe those topics are hard to find now.

Last edited:

timc

Apr 4, 2011
Firmwares:
????--www.haipad.net

for the M701 with 4GB internal memory use HY firmware
for the M701 with 2GB internal memory use the firmware without HY
The M7 and the M1002 are different Pads.
Instructions, driver and flash program are included in the downloads,
but in short:
Power down the pad
press and hold the 'menu' key, plug in the USB cable.
Now you should be prompted to install the drivers (if not go to the device mamager and uninstall / install them) if you do not have working drivers already,
Power down the pad again.
Now start 'FWDN' (the flash program) and add the *.rom, and *.img file,
Start the pad as above (hold 'menu' while plugging in the USB).
klick the 'NAND data' part on the right that should now not be greyed out anymore,
klick on 'create file' (or something similar to that on the bottom)
save the file as something that you will remember.
now you should have 3 files in the list of FWDN.
press 'start' on the bottom,
have patience.
if you get a CRC error eighter your download is corrupted or you did try to flash a HY firmware to a 2GB pad or the other way round,
so re-download and repeat.

on some Pads you need to hold the 'power' button ([]) simultaneously to 'menu' while booting to get into the flash mode.

sorry if i am a bit rude, the info was everywhere around when i got the pad so i thought it should be common knowledge, maybe those topics are hard to find now.

Cheers Mate, I appreciate the concise information. Ya, the information overload seems to be my problem; when I think I know what to do I find conflicting information. I will try the step by step you gave tonight and report back here.

Anyways, thanks again for the infor. and no worries, I know it is aggravating when people can't seem to help themselves, so I hope that I am not being that way.

TC.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Dont worry,
i tend to forget that everybody starts somewhere and the amount of info can be overwhelming.
Probably THIS GUIDE by OffWorld is more instructive then what i wrote.
But when she wrote it there was no HY version around so keep in mind that there are different versions when you download.

Also i should mention that the page i linked to was hacked a while ago, i think it is cleaned up by now but it might still be blacklisted (or it is still infected and my security does not detect it).
You can also try THIS HY firmware download link or THIS 2GB firmware i modified (only added Clockworkmod recovery)

timc

Apr 4, 2011
Dont worry,
i tend to forget that everybody starts somewhere and the amount of info can be overwhelming.
Probably THIS GUIDE by OffWorld is more instructive then what i wrote.
But when she wrote it there was no HY version around so keep in mind that there are different versions when you download.

Also i should mention that the page i linked to was hacked a while ago, i think it is cleaned up by now but it might still be blacklisted (or it is still infected and my security does not detect it).
You can also try THIS HY firmware download link or THIS 2GB firmware i modified (only added Clockworkmod recovery)

Well, I gave this a try tonight still not successful. I am still trying to get the package from uu15.com but I got the HY version you made and there was no VTC driver included.

I have tried installing several different VTC drivers for XP that I have downloaded yet none seem to work, the driver says it installs and is ready to use, yet XP just keeps saying cannot find driver. I am at a complete loss here any ideas? Thanks

ioniser

May 2, 2011
Well, I gave this a try tonight still not successful. I am still trying to get the package from uu15.com but I got the HY version you made and there was no VTC driver included.

I have tried installing several different VTC drivers for XP that I have downloaded yet none seem to work, the driver says it installs and is ready to use, yet XP just keeps saying cannot find driver. I am at a complete loss here any ideas? Thanks

I had to install the moterolla usb android drivers to get it to recognize and for adb to work. IT also worked on windows 7.. now im stuck because I cant get clockwork on my m701R because I put Offical 2.3 on it, and just get a black screen at recovery