Haipad M701R - An Android Tablet with an Infrared Remote and HDMI?

froes

Nov 4, 2010
hi guys.
for those who has actually erroneous have flashed their firmware with a wrong image.
the good image with remote control support and everything is available on haipad_M701-R_yaokong09.19_

guys, i need some help here now.
i would like to connect my 3g, which is virgin mobile on australia.
but it is not on the 3G Settings .
do anyone knows how to set one up ?
first checking if my 3g works on the m701-r ???? dont want to go changing my usb drive if not needed.

another thing is bluetooth, has anyone made it work ?

any ideas are welcome
cheers

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
3G depends on drivers that are built it. Not too sure how it works, but I'm guessing it would be automatically detected, after which you just add your APN.

16GB should work without any issues. But for 32GB, I'm not 100% sure. Make make sure it is formatted first, because I think there was a bug in Android 2.1 with formatting the 32GB (Google to fix Android card-formatting flaw | Relevant Results - CNET News). Not sure if this is fixed in this implementation.

Tinkle

Dec 9, 2010
Hey I did the market androidID update and now the market works perfectly on my pad!
Thanks for the info!

I don't have another android phone. Is there another work-around? Market was working when I got it, then just stopped downloading

Baratong

Oct 4, 2010
I don't have another android phone. Is there another work-around? Market was working when I got it, then just stopped downloading

Well, I did it using the Android developers kit. It comes with a virtual android device that lets you create and run a virtual Android on your PC (works with both Windows and Linux). I created this virtual device did the market trick, then deleted it.

I would be happy to create one and give you the code? Let me know if you want it.

Baratong

Oct 4, 2010
btw: I also bought an M701 from merimobiles.com and their M701's come with a perfectly working android market.. no download problems at all.

Here's something interesting I found also on these M701's. They come with the DPI setting way to high, which creates an apparent low resolution on all Android UI screens (as opposed to movie playback screens). I changed my DPI setting from the default of 240 they come with to the more accurate 160, and it is a MUCH nicer easy to use device now!.

Couple before and after pics:

$device._setting_lo.png$device_big.png

Homescreen:
$device_home_small.png$device3.png

This setting is in the /system/build.prop file on the tablet. The line comes defaulted to the following:
# density in DPI of the LCD of this board. This is used to scale the UI
# appropriately. If this property is not defined, the default value is 160 dpi.
ro.sf.lcd_density = 240

This is set to 240DPI but the tablet really is 160DPI. So I changed it to:
ro.sf.lcd_density = 160

A couple of other interesting items in this file are the locale and timezone, which come defaulted to China. Here's what I changed mine to:

Was:
ro.product.locale.language=zh
ro.product.locale.region=CN
persist.sys.timezone=China/Beijing

Changed to:
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
persist.sys.timezone=America/Los Angeles

Now a 'reset to factory default' sets it to english in PST timezone too.

You kind of need the Android SDK to change this file, use ADB to pull it, edit on your PC then push back down. Although there is an interesting thread over at Changing the LCD DPI - Android Forums that talks about changing with a root file explorer.

adb pull /system/build.prop

Edit the file and push it back from your PC to the M701:
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
The "small type" firmware update for these tablets has the lower dpi setting by default. It also fixes a couple other little issues. Also, regardless of which firmware you use, if you have a rooted tablet the LCD Density app can change the settings too (they just don't stick after a reboot).