Haipad M701R - An Android Tablet with an Infrared Remote and HDMI?

Jim Mitchell

Sep 7, 2010
Why would you get it from buy a droid and not euogo?

I had nothing but lousy customer service from Euogo... They offered expedited shipping from CNFedex... I paid the extra $48... 3 days later I was still waiting on the tracking number...
It should have been here by then! So I had to call, and they told me that FedEx won't ship anything with batteries (LIE!) so they simply shipped it via the mail.

I had to demand a refund of the shipping I paid for. They weren't even going to tell me about it much less refund the shipping untill I called!!

It took almost 3 weeks to get here and then the damn Market don't work...

Euogo got the last dollar they'll ever see from me.

Baratong

Oct 4, 2010
I had nothing but lousy customer service from Euogo... They offered expedited shipping from CNFedex... I paid the extra $48... 3 days later I was still waiting on the tracking number...
It should have been here by then! So I had to call, and they told me that FedEx won't ship anything with batteries (LIE!) so they simply shipped it via the mail.

I had to demand a refund of the shipping I paid for. They weren't even going to tell me about it much less refund the shipping untill I called!!

It took almost 3 weeks to get here and then the damn Market don't work...

Euogo got the last dollar they'll ever see from me.

Yes, the Android market doesn't work out of the box on these things. The good part is it is easily fixable.

I went through the steps in post #25 on this forum on two different G10's and the market now works perfectly on both. ( http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-tablet-infrared-remote-hdmi-3.html#post8751 )

santaro

Oct 16, 2010
Hey there,
Just joined the forum.
Finally found some info about my new pad. It was a gift and so had no info, until i spend time looking for it on the net.
That SD card slot is annoying, but i can live with it.
Ok i've read some posts about updating, and they seem..............complex.
My confession today is that due to my job i've been living in a mac haze for 9 years, so maybe i'm just too used to have things handed to me on a plate (albeit bite by byte).
Can i run the update off a mac or is a pc the only way?
Will there be a 2.2 update?
Many thanks for any hints on how to make this pad work even better.
Laters

JimmyPelican

Oct 16, 2010
I was looking to pick this one up. Anyone know if they plan on fixing the card slot and if they will be offering this with 2.2 and when?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Don't look forward to a 2.2 update. Even it if comes, it will be useless to you. It wont enable Adobe flash because the hardware wont handle it properly.

I'd get an alternative model if I was worried about things like the SD card sticking out.

santaro

Oct 16, 2010
Hey jimmypelican the pad i can recommend, even though i've only had it a week. I can live with the sd card sticking out, its not that bad, but a couple of other members have talked about a new version with an sd card fix, so maybe wait a bit.
Update wise i was asking about #133 i think, which is a firmware update.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There is a new version with the SD card completely fixed. It's not a rumor. I can confirm this.

Juggernaut

Aug 22, 2010
There is a new version with the SD card completely fixed. It's not a rumor. I can confirm this.
Me two, I contacted the manufacturer and they replied that they will fix the SD slot after the 15th of october. Dont know if they are for sale quickly after that date or if they started fixing it after the 15th though.

Baratong

Oct 4, 2010
yep. quite a shame lol. here's a short video i just made:

pros:
multitouch, snappy, hdmi out

cons:
microsd sticks out, no dedicated home button, stock firmware = fail

So, which 'home' application are you running in your video? LiveHome, aHome, openHome or ?? I haven't found a 'home' replacement yet that supports multi-touch like yours does in the video... thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyPelican

Oct 16, 2010
Appreciate the info. Where is the best place and best price to get this?
Im guessing the firmware has to be updated on these?