hello from holland and a question

jhcernst

Dec 29, 2010
Just buying this tablet and found this great forum! The tablet is just on the Dutch market. My problem is this: After installing Alkido I cannot find the directory to put my Epub books. On my old APAD it was on the SD card. Now there seems to be no option to install programs on the SD card. How to deal with this? I could not yet find something here about this. But maybe because of my difficulty with language, sorry for this! Can anyone help me please help me?

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
HALLO! and Welcome!!!

at this moment the programs that will install work only on the internal memory (that is about 170mb).... we are working on a custom ROM to be able to use SDCARD to install programs....

Claian

Dec 27, 2010
I think the original poster is asking about the directory to place the books he has already so that the app knows where to find them. Not how to put the app on the sd.
I'm not sure where the directory is on most S7 devices as the version in Australia doesn't have an internal sd card. I'd hazard a guess that someone on here will know the directory your after.

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

jjnagy

Dec 2, 2010
Just buying this tablet and found this great forum! The tablet is just on the Dutch market. My problem is this: After installing Alkido I cannot find the directory to put my Epub books. On my old APAD it was on the SD card. Now there seems to be no option to install programs on the SD card. How to deal with this? I could not yet find something here about this. But maybe because of my difficulty with language, sorry for this! Can anyone help me please help me?

Copy your *. epub books to the folder called /eBooks/import on the sdcard and then use import function in alkido.

PS: If you don't have a folder called eBooks/import you need to create one.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Hey guys
I use aldiko on my S7.
You will need to install your epubs in the ebooks\import folder on your INTERNAL sd card. It is a 8 gig card so there is plenty of room. Aldiko does not see the removable sd card and there is no way to change the option. I have read that some S7's came without an internal sd card so i would think that in that case aldiko will default to the removable card but thats just a guess on my part.

Ives

jhcernst

Dec 29, 2010
I'm lost in this: On my computer I can see both internal and external SD. On the internal is folder Alkido, so far good. There is no folder: ebooks/import. I created one on root internal as well external. I put Epub book in import folder and then in Alkido import: nothing happens. What am I missing. Where must this folder stand?
Thanks to your forum I succeeded to mount my S7 to my W7 computer, great help here, thanks!

Last edited:

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
On your internal sd card create a folder called ebooks. Then open that folder and create another folder ( inside the ebooks folder ) called import. This is where aldiko looks for new epubs. I just opened my card to make sure and it's there and aldiko see's it. Hope this helps. You might have to start from scratch.

Ives

jhcernst

Dec 29, 2010
Right, now it works, great! I tried to import while still connected to my PC. That didn´t work. Now it´s perfect, thanks al lot!!

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
yeah, your s7 does not see the sd card's when they're mounted to the pc. Glad you worked it out. Aldiko is still my fav book reader.

Ives

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
@jhcernst -

Hello and welcome. This aldiko problem drove me nuts for 2 days. Had everything right except I put my folders on the external card. Aargh!~!!! I wish a sticky would be made for us e-readers so info is easier to find. Glad you solved it and enjoy your Hs7. Makes a great reader!! Be carefull on what readers you load. I had the Nook apk loaded but use it rarely. When I ran out of space for apps I saw it took up lots of memory- like 16 mb. So I removed it to make room for other apps. Come on 2.2..... Waiting impatiently.

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
@jhcernst -

Hello and welcome. This aldiko problem drove me nuts for 2 days. Had everything right except I put my folders on the external card. Aargh!~!!! I wish a sticky would be made for us e-readers so info is easier to find. Glad you solved it and enjoy your Hs7. Makes a great reader!! Be carefull on what readers you load. I had the Nook apk loaded but use it rarely. When I ran out of space for apps I saw it took up lots of memory- like 16 mb. So I removed it to make room for other apps. Come on 2.2..... Waiting impatiently.

I actually emailed aldiko support on this a couple of weeks ago. Have not gotten any reply what so ever. A little disappointed in that. Oh well, the 8 gig card is plenty big and so far aldiko is the only media app i use that cannot see the external card. So no problems...

Ives

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Ives- I agree it's not a problem...as long as you know aldiko only recognizes the internal card. That's the key!