Hello to the non microsoft world from an Android newb.

Droid63

Mar 24, 2013
Hello all. I am a complete newb to the world of Android. I have tinkered in the linux world (xandros and ubuntu).I recently purchased a second hand Disgo 8100. It is a lovely tablet,running 'gingerbread'. The only issue I have with it is the wireless at home;it keeps disconnecting. I haven't tried it anywhere else yet. I remember having similar hassles with my old eeepc 701 running xandros. Turned out to be a software issue. Seems to be a similar situation again;I think. Hopefully someone here will have the answer.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Droid63, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new to you Disgo 8100. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Sylvania Tablets forum would be the place to go for help. Just click those links and you'll be magically transported to the right place. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome aboard Droid63. Most of the time people have WiFi problems it can be traced issue with the router more than with the tablet. I have a link in my signature below that has some tips and tricks on how to solve WiFi connection problems. Something there will probably help.