Help for a newbie to Android....Please

jerico77

Nov 10, 2010
Hi Peeps, I posted this in the Q&A section and got no luck.

I'm complete newbie to android os, always used iphone os. so I'm just making steps in the whole AOS.
I brought a apad/irobot on the cheap from a mate who got it from China. Its brand new but when you switch it on, its just a blank white screen.

I started to have a nose about to see if I could flash it etc. Now this is where I started to think oops what have I got my self into.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, I tried to plug in to me laptop but it can't find the driver for Eclair, which to my understanding is 2.1 not 2.2

I have seen his one working as he got 2, I don't mind having a read just need some advice and the right things to read and more importantly can it be fixed/re-flashed

here is the specs

CPU Telechip TCC8902 800MZH
Operating System: Google Android OS 2.2 (this is just the update)
Memory: 256MB
Screen, full-screen: 7-inch 16:9 wide-screen 800 * 480 high-brightness TFT LCD
Touch: full-size touch operation, sliding menus, icons and drag
Storage: 2GB
Direction sensor: automatically rotating the display screen,4 Ways
Wireless: 802.11B/G/N WI-FI CERTIFIED
Audio: Supports stereo speaker unit, built-in microphone
SD card: MAX 32GB can support
Desktop: Android automatically change the desktop wallpaper (like win 7), update frequency can be set to 1 hour -6 days
Language English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Dansk,Deutsch
Web browsing: Google chome-lite Browser UCWEB Browser
E-mail: Mainstream web mail service gmail / yahoo mail / hotmail / sina mail/163 mail
Communication Software: YOUTUBE,FACEBOOK,IREAD etc.
BTY 1800mA 7.4V
HDMI: 1080P
Touch Games: Guerrilla (iguerilla) similar to the CS, Assassins Creed (Assasin`s creed)
Auto rotating screen: 4-way rotary screen
Scratch Paper: Desktop Gadgets, analog clock, support skin change
Screen: muti-touch screen
Camera: yes
Game: 3D G-sensor gam

wintermute

Sep 4, 2010
Does the micro SD card stick out from your tablet?

By the way, it's unlikely that your tablet is actually Froyo (2.2). There's a bunch of 2.1 tablets that have been hacked to show 2.2 on the version string, but it's really Eclair underneath.

If it's the tablet that I think it is (M701 or variant), then you can get the official firmware from this site: ????--www.haipad.net

jerico77

Nov 10, 2010
I've not put 1 in to be honest. Looks like a big iPhone with a slit on the back for the speaker.

I thought they where still 2.1, on 2.2 when you click the android menu it flashes up. On me mates one it still comes from the side.

I'll have a quick read mate. Thanks for your help. I'll get back soon

jerico77

Nov 10, 2010
Ok so I've downloaded the files 9 30. the thing is I cant put the device in upgrade mode as when i switch it on all i've got is a white screen

toyen

Nov 6, 2010
if your laptop can't found Eclair driver , you can try this driver download it for motolora andriod but i use it worked.

jerico77

Nov 10, 2010
Thanks Pal I'll give that a go,

Ok done that and it worked, however when i'm trying to use FWDN V7 --v2.10
It comes up with errors, any ides anyone?... I am even doing the right thing?

once again Thanks

these are the errors
no boot file error
open boot error

Last edited:

toyen

Nov 6, 2010

once again Thanks

these are the errors
no boot file error
open boot error

Are you set MAC ADDRESS ?

can you capture screen show me?

Last edited:

wintermute

Sep 4, 2010

once again Thanks

these are the errors
no boot file error
open boot error

Yeah, I think I ran into those errors too. It was something simple, I think just close FWDN and reopen it. Then the allocated memory space shows up. You can then flash the image.

jerico77

Nov 10, 2010
Yeah, I think I ran into those errors too. It was something simple, I think just close FWDN and reopen it. Then the allocated memory space shows up. You can then flash the image.

done that, no joy.

I'll try and load some screen dumps later

jerico77

Nov 10, 2010
Are you set MAC ADDRESS ?

can you capture screen show me?

Not got i clue what i'm doing. to be honest/ any vids or tuts will be great.

it now says driver installed but the device is just showing a white screen

raysaur

Nov 30, 2010
i too have the same problem.this is the first tablet that i bought and it is a Android 2.2 MID ,Model no. FR-809.since i recieved it the only thing that appears on the screen is the little green android with 2.2 under it.it doesnt go to any other screens no matter what buttons i push.the only way it turns off is let the battery run down.i bought it a nowsupplier.to me it seems like it is defective .
thank you

TRaCoN

Nov 30, 2010
Hi friends. I have the same problem I have been searching for a solution since I have got my epad today. I think it is a GPAD but not sure. Here I bought it from here.
After I received it, plugged it for charging. And turned the switch from off position to on position. And pushed the power up button for some seconds. But a white screen appeared and still it stays. Here is a video:
[video=vimeo;17641795]http://vimeo.com/17641795[/video]
I tried every button combinations but still the white screen appears on powering up. Please could someone help me, what should I do? Is it a hardware or software problem?

tk421jag

Dec 9, 2010
I've done everything in this thread today as well as any other thread that mentions a white screen. I've got nothing. I think it's a software problem as well as a hardware problem.