help for a stupid person

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
Yea I think I am going to get the microsd card reader tomorrow, and format the card I have now. Yes I did have it on usb mass storage. I will let you guys know tomorrow how it goes. I dont know what class of card I have now, but it is 4g microsd hc

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
ok so I went to staples, and purchesed a PNY 2GB microsd card, that is not HC, does that matter?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Absolutely fine. For autonooter you only need 30-40 MB. By the way, after you've got it rooted and working, the best way to reformat the card and get capacity back to 2GB is by formatting in the Nook, OK? If you try to format it with your computer, it'll be stuck at 39MB.

-Matt

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
LOL!! ok i got to the part where i pick soft or home and by mistake my clumsy finger hit the home, now the device is back to regular color nook. tried to reboot but nothing. so now what?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Ah, it's good you rebooted, now all your apps will show up in the stock B&N "Extras" app tray! Just head there to get access to the apps that came with the autonooter (gmail, maps, market, etc.).

It's time to pick a new homescreen app...can I suggest Zeam? Try running the Market and see if you can download it. That will give you a nicer homescreen/launcher experience than the B&N homescreen. You might also check out LauncherPro...it got updated yesterday, and has some very cool screen transitions.

Once you have an alternate launcher, we have to set up SoftKeys so that things work right when you press the "n" home key at the bottom of the Nook!

Congrats on the progress! I guess the card adapter helped?

-Matt

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
ummmm i dont see the market place app. It's just the same old screen that I have had since I bought this lovely device. :(

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
ummmm i dont see the market place app. It's just the same old screen that I have had since I bought this lovely device. :(
Yep, you gotta go: "Arrow button" (the half-circle + arrow-head icon) -> Extras (grid of red squares icon) and you'll see all your new apps there!

Can't put app shortcuts on the B&N homescreen, which is why you need a new launcher app (think Zeam!).

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
It's DEATH, don't touch it!!!!!!!!

:) Just kidding.

That's a program that monitors which apps request SuperUser access. You probably won't use it directly, but some apps will bring up an option that says something like "Allow SuperUser access" and you should generally say yes, as long as you started that app.

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
i want my zen wallpaper, but my screen is just blank.

download wallpaper set and save from the market...it will allow you to look for your images, save wallpapers, set wallpapers...and it does the sizing correctly.