Help needed with an MID tablet

slgbaby

Dec 29, 2010
ok...so bear with me I know nothing about it but I bought myself an android tablet for xmas, had and android phone and thought it would be fun to have a tablet. Just want to play games, email, facebook etc. I love to search and download apps for my phone and thought this would be the same.....apparently I bought a China version and have a different Android system than my phone. (I am in the US) I cannot find any of my favorite apps in the market, when I try to download some apps it says internet connection not working properly but I am connected to WIFI with excellent conectivity. I have been able to download some apps but not what I really want. Is there a way to change to operating system to the US Andriod system that I am used to using?

destreaga

Dec 29, 2010
Have you tried looking for a software update function in the settings? I'm getting one of those tablets tomorrow. And I would like to put Android 2.3 in it. What is yours currently running? And what kind of computer system are you using? Have you hooked it up to your computer?

manizales10

Dec 30, 2010
Hello

I also bought for christmas a tablet from china with a different android than the normal one. I am wondering if it is possible to watch rmvb files in these kind of tablet, because i already downloaded rock player base and nothing happened. Just another question, how to put office files(ppt, pdf,...) in these kind of tablets? When i bought it the seller told me that it had the Android 1.7 version, but i dont think so, because when i boot my tablet it appears 1.9something, and i think that this version doesnt exist from google android.

I would be very pleased if someone could help.

Thanks

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
slgbaby: what is the exact manufacturer and model number from the device? If there's nothing there, check settings-> about device (or something similar)

slgbaby

Dec 29, 2010
There is literally nothing that tells me the manufacturer or model number in settings about device is has:
Model Number
generic
Firmware Version
Kernel Version
2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number
WMT2.1.2_105

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It's an android v1.6 device. You may want to see if you can find a copy of quick system info somewhere on the interweb-thingy..

Propagandroid

Jan 12, 2011
i too recieved a tablet for xmas, purhcased off Amazon from China(not by me)
if anyone can point me in the right direction as to what ROM i need, or how to root it, as ive tried all the one click apps i know of. and none worked. z4root has apparently convinced itself, and universal androot that my device is rooted, however root explorer, nor super user can gain root access.

mion07

Feb 13, 2011
Uhmm I have downloaded games such as angry birds, crazy kart, plants vs zombies for android MID and it works perfectly, you can't find those great apps in the app market ou can use the net and find websites giving free download good website is medIAfire.com.. hope that helped.

Thom

Feb 21, 2011
I have this exact device but the box is slightly different. Probably a different version. The app market sucks on it and I can't figure out a way to get the actual US Google app market on it. If you learn anything about this device please share with me.
VIA 8505
Kernel Version
2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number
WMT2.1.2_105

Thanx

stoicsteve

Feb 27, 2011
I have a v similar device
The 'About device' shows
Memory 256Mb
Model Number generic
Firmware Version Android2.2
Kernel version 2.6,29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number WMT2.1.2

I plan to look to root the device (not sure how yet) and then install the android market apk

Stehen

deanna25

Oct 27, 2011
ok so i was just given a mid x series tablet and cant download apps, i can go into the app store and search but when i select an app a warning pops up " STOP. The application market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly.
any suggestions what do i do????