Help on Onda V712

yanmad

Nov 19, 2012
Not sure, i will have a look, you could try updating it through the play store, i will get back to you.

please could you confirm you have performed the following instruction for flashing your tablet
"
Put V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip on the sdcard after removing patch.zip from it, so you have V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip containing update.zip on the sdcard and treat this as g12refM708A2SPI_v701_1.5.zip when following the walk-through. "

if yes I can also remove the patch file for remove the chineses aplications directly before the flash ?
regards

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
please could you confirm you have performed the following instruction for flashing your tablet
"
Put V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip on the sdcard after removing patch.zip from it, so you have V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip containing update.zip on the sdcard and treat this as g12refM708A2SPI_v701_1.5.zip when following the walk-through. "

if yes I can also remove the patch file for remove the chineses aplications directly before the flash ?
regards

Hi, all you need is your update.zip nothing else then use my new installer (remeber to rename update.zip to root as instructed) you will find it here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l-onda-sd-card-firmware-installer-v1-0-a.html

yanmad

Nov 19, 2012
Not sure, i will have a look, you could try updating it through the play store, i will get back to you.

please could you confirm you have perform the following instruction for flashing your tablet
"

regards

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
please could you confirm you have perform the following instruction for flashing your tablet
"

regards

Yes i have done this on my tablet and many others, you only need update.zip forget V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip forget patch.zip just use UPDATE.ZIP this is the firmware if you want to follow this thread it will work but easier for you to follow http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l-onda-sd-card-firmware-installer-v1-0-a.html

neo2020

Dec 29, 2012
Hi,
i have a ONDA V702 and i want to upadate it.

1) i use Win7 32 bit
2) I download the Tool "AmlogicBurning Tool V1.2.8.0817.SP3"
3) I Download a file with the name "V702D_v2.0-1129SD"

a) the tool is ok run good.
b) inside the file "V702D_v2.0-1129SD" i can find :
- patch.zip
- Update.zip
- factory_update_param.aml
- u-boot
- uImage_recovery
and 3 chinese Word Documents.

If i connect my ONDA with usb the software "AmlogicBurning Tool V1.2.8.0817.SP3" can find it.
In the software "AmlogicBurning Tool V1.2.8.0817.SP3" i have the possibility to select:
- Config -> Import Upgrade file
- Config -> Import Media dir
- Config -> Import Config file
- Config -> reset Port match info

i select in the software "AmlogicBurning Tool V1.2.8.0817.SP3" (Config -> Import Upgrade file) and use the file update.zip.
after i press start i get a message it show me "find no upgrade config, please load it manually!"

I try the same with the File patch.zip,Update.zip and with the complete folder V702D_v2.0-1129SD.zip

same message "find no upgrade config, please load it manually!"

please can you send me how to use this software ??

thank you very much for your help.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi,
i have a ONDA V702 and i want to upadate it.

1) i use Win7 32 bit
2) I download the Tool "AmlogicBurning Tool V1.2.8.0817.SP3"
3) I Download a file with the name "V702D_v2.0-1129SD"

a) the tool is ok run good.
b) inside the file "V702D_v2.0-1129SD" i can find :
- patch.zip
- Update.zip
- factory_update_param.aml
- u-boot
- uImage_recovery
and 3 chinese Word Documents.

If i connect my ONDA with usb the software "AmlogicBurning Tool V1.2.8.0817.SP3" can find it.
In the software "AmlogicBurning Tool V1.2.8.0817.SP3" i have the possibility to select:
- Config -> Import Upgrade file
- Config -> Import Media dir
- Config -> Import Config file
- Config -> reset Port match info

i select in the software "AmlogicBurning Tool V1.2.8.0817.SP3" (Config -> Import Upgrade file) and use the file update.zip.
after i press start i get a message it show me "find no upgrade config, please load it manually!"

I try the same with the File patch.zip,Update.zip and with the complete folder V702D_v2.0-1129SD.zip

same message "find no upgrade config, please load it manually!"

please can you send me how to use this software ??

thank you very much for your help.

When you "Import Upgrade" select the "V702D_v2.0-1129SD" file.

neo2020

Dec 29, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz,

first thank you very much for your fast answer.

I try it and got the same message, maybe i do something wrong ?

this is the message..

$Onda1.PNG

Here a photo of the files inside the .zip folder and really i can't find a conf. file.

$inside.PNG

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz,

first thank you very much for your fast answer.

I try it and got the same message, maybe i do something wrong ?

this is the message..

View attachment 9631

Here a photo of the files inside the .zip folder and really i can't find a conf. file.

View attachment 9632

Hi, sorry i should of spotted the file list, your firmware is not set to be flashed using usb, the usb program is looking for the "config_progress" file which you don't have. Format a sdcard to FAT32 then copy the following files to it -

factory_update_param.aml
patch.zip
u-boot
uImage_recovery
update.zip

Now make sure tablet is charged to at least 60% then boot to recovery, the white droid will show for about 30 seconds then go and reappear then the green droid will show along with the progress bar. It will restart when done.

neo2020

Dec 29, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz,

sorry its me again, i think i can not find the funktion to "boot to recovery"
I try it with Home buton and Power button, it does not work.
I also make it with settings -> Backup & reset -> Factory data reset.

here again some Photos
1) This are the data of the sdcard
$Bild1.PNG

2) this is the information from my Onda
$Bild2.PNG

3) after factory data reset
$Bild3.PNG

after that still the same datas on the Onda.

:-/

I have also a Onda 712 here and all is fine if i start it with the Power button and the Home button.
and this Onda 712 have now no chinese any more.
And the Onda 702 should be for my child and much more easy if it also dont have any chinese. :)

Thank you and sorry to make you that much trouble.

neo2020

Dec 29, 2012
With same data I mean all data in the "onda" are the same like before

Last edited:

kimgab27

Jan 12, 2013
hi sir..
I'm new in this forum.. Noticed that ur in the philippines too.. I really need help in rooting my onda 712.. But i cant folow instructions.. I'm confused i dont even know how to reboot my unit.. hope u can help me.. Need your help badly.. tnx

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012